+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Syncing Books to vbookz

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I recently got vbookz because of its awesome text-to-speech capabilities. I wanted to add some ePubs I already had, but it isn't showing up in the file sharing section of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Syncing Books to vbookz
    I recently got vbookz because of its awesome text-to-speech capabilities. I wanted to add some ePubs I already had, but it isn't showing up in the file sharing section of iTunes. Appbox pro, and Trucks and Skulls(for some reason) are down there, but vbookz isn't.
    I'm running 4.2.1 iOS jailbroken, but I can't think why one app isn't working when others are.

So I found where the books are stored using SSH, but when I transfer an epub file (with the same format as the others already installed), it doesn't show up.
    Any idea how I'd transfer an epub book to vbookz without the iTunes file transfer working?
    Last edited by takkuso; 01-13-2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think we're probably doomed. I just reinstalled Vbookz after a rather lengthy hiatus, and the only recollection I had of transferring books to Vbookz was via "Shared Files" in the lower part of the iTunes Apps page. Well, it wasn't there this time, and when I went into the Apps folder - the one with the lengthy hexadecimal numeric name - for Vbookz on my iPhone, I actually found the old titles still coming up via a file manager for iphone, but not in the Vbookz app.
    I also tried using Calibre, but don't see how to access Vbookz in it, only the regular iBooks location.
    So I kinda figure we're doomed, and that Vbookz is no longer worth it unless you want to listen to "War and Peace" while travelling cross country. I even tried installing an older version and it didn't work, either. Maybe it has something to do with the I/OS - 5.1.1
    Maybe if you have an old version of iTunes, it might be worth checking out.....
    Last edited by zlot; 12-05-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: addition