Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: skype 3.0 for iphone 4-video issues

Default skype 3.0 for iphone 4-video issues
    just downloaded new skype on iphone 4. I can see the other person, but they can't see me. there is no button/option for picking the camera on my iphone. could this problem be because my phone is JB. I am running on 4.0.1

Same issue here. I'm about to do a restore though cause I installed something that has gotten my phone freaking out recently. Makes for a fun day at work!

iPhone 4 iOS 4.1 limera1n

All fine with me

Same with me... iPhone4 running 4.1, jailbroken... No option for video on Skype though. My nephew has the same set up, but his is working fine. As far as I know, I don't have any JB apps interfering that I know of... Very strange...

I might have to list my apps (which seems unwieldy to me) ands see if there is a common thing. I'm sure though that we share many apps if we are discussing it in these forums so that might not work so well...

im having the same problem!!!!!!!!

Same problem.... iPhone 4 & no video call choice on contact screen! Shows a gray video camera symbol in main contact screen but not after selecting the contact.

Anybody have any luck resolving this yet?

I finally got it to work. found a little help on skype forums. I had a program from the app store called camera+ installed. I uninstalled it. then I added a cydia app called facetime FPS Mod. then I reinstalled camera+, and voila, it now works ! ! good luck.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmarkoff For This Useful Post:

Bubbsdaddy (01-03-2011), yelow13 (01-05-2011)

bmarkoff... thanks! I just tried the solution you found... worked like a charm. I now have the video option.