Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TextFree push notifications broken. All others working ...?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default TextFree push notifications broken. All others working ...?
    I've been having an issue for awhile where my push notifications don't come through for TextFree, but work fine with every other app!

To clarify, I got an iPad for Christmas and for a while was switching between my iPhone and iPad with the texting. This required me to log out one device of my TextFree account and log into the other; I was granted access to my texts and received notifications on whatever device I was logged onto.

However, one day after logging into my iPad, my iPhone was still receiving the notifications so I deleted the app, turned notifications off and then back on and reinstalled TextFree on my iPhone. After doing that, neither would receive notifications for TextFree anymore. I tried reinstalling the app several times, toggling notifications for just the app and notifications in general, and logging in and out of my account on each device all to no avail. Now, neither my iPad nor my iPhone receive push notifications for TextFree but receive notifications for every other app just fine.

Is there anything I can do to remedy this awful problem? It's so difficult to rely on a texting app while being forced to check the app constantly for any messages...

EDIT: for what it's worth, the iPhone 4 is jailbroken on 4.1 and the iPad is the 3G model jailbroken on 3.2.2
    Last edited by KoNeko; 12-27-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Did you ever find a solution for this?

I have a similar problem. I have an iPhone running 3.1.2 JB and all my other push notifications work, except textfree.

when i log in, it shows I have a text, and if I don't read it and look on the homescreen, the push shows up, but I don't get the push before I log in.

Strange....strange.

I've even deleted pushfix and uninstalled and reinstalled textfree numerous times, to no avail

Have you found any solution? Mines doing exactly the same thing...
    Tom

sorry...the same as aseuropabloke
    Last edited by tdp1018; 01-31-2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This used to happen to me to i used push doctor and my problem was fixed.

is that an app?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea its on cydia. You probably would have to install a new repo for it. I dont have my iphone atm so i cant really tell u where i got it from.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nosid3 For This Useful Post:

tdp1018 (02-05-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes thats it but i doubt that repo is working. It wasnt working when i tried it. I sold my iphone 3g about a week ago but getting my 3gs friday so ill be able to help you more then.

Thanks...there are no certificates so installations will always fail unless there is more than 0 "Push Doctor Certificate Statistics" do you another place I can get that program? I keep trying the repo at source (Welcome to NERV Repository) but it always fails?