Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HootSuite for iPhone Removing Social Networking Streams (i.e., FourSquare, Twitter)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default HootSuite for iPhone Removing Social Networking Streams (i.e., FourSquare, Twitter)
    There's several reports on FaceBook, Twitter and AppStore that HootSuite for iPhone is repeatedly crashing after installing and/or removing social networking streams (i.e., Twitter, FourSquare, FaceBook). Please note that I've uninstalled the HootSuite for iPhone app at least 10 times with the same failed results.

I received this response (Dec-22 2010 11:54) from HootSuite Help after opening HootSuite Help Request: "Thanks for your assistance and patience while we resolve your issue.

As this is a rather unique problem, we've escalated your ticket to review with the development team. As such, the response may take longer than usual. Be assured however, that we are investigating your situation and we'll update you when we've sorted out the problem.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance in improving HootSuite.

Dec-21 2010 17:04.

Dev Support
    Elevated Support
    This may be a bug in our app. The account sync function isn't working properly for some users, and it's removing some networks when it shouldn't. We're working on fixing this ASAP.

Secondly, check out this blog post: blog.hootsuite.com/mobile-apps-free/

As we stated earlier, we wanted to be sure that anyone who paid for the app continues to get access to unlimited social networks on their phone.

It looks like you are indeed grandfathered in on your phone, so once we fix this account sync issue, you should be able to still add unlimited networks on your phone. You'll also get to keep access to stats, and won't see any ads if we ever decide to add them on mobile apps.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

To help us troubleshoot, can you try uninstalling and re-installing the app completely as described here: Help Desk : How to uninstall and re-install the HootSuite App -- iPhone or iPad

After re-installing, do an account import and then add any missing accounts back to your phone. Let us know (in a separate ticket) if you run into any issues while doing this -- let us know the specific error messages and/or provide screenshots.

Thanks."

Green Apple
    Thanks

UPDATE: I've opened 6 HootSuite Help Requests and nothing has been resolved. I used to sing HootSuite's praises but now I'm a very dissatisfied customer. HootSuite are throwing the beta users who bought the iPhone app under the bus. Grrr.......