Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Install Official Apps Without Using the App Store?

Default Install Official Apps Without Using the App Store?
    I just got a nice little hand-me-down, a jailbroken 3G. I really want to install some official apps on it like tweetdeck and the new Google voice app but I don't want anything to do with the app store nor do i want to make an iTunes account. Is there a way I can get and install just regular free apps that are available in the app store with out using the app store?

Well, that's fine. Ive already used Cydia to install free 3rd party apps that aren't Apple sanctioned. I want some Apple approved apps, I just don't want to go through the app store.

May I ask how come? (Just curious)

If it's because u don't want to give ur credit card info, u can make an account with doing that. You don't even have to put in any real info

I don't have an iTunes account and I don't want to make one. Plus, I just want to know if it's possible and what sorts of things I can do with this phone without going through official channels.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

You may want to try another forum then as the only way to do it is illegal and against forum rules.

well hmmmmm. Got any suggestions for other forums then?

Really? So it's considered illegal to install Apple-approved, free, non-pirated apps by alternative means?

Yes because the item that does that enables piracy. And those sites are not allowed to be mentioned so nobody can give suggestions other than Google.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,188 Times in 6,204 Posts

It's all about control, Apple has it, we play by their rules.

If ur thinking of the same item that I am, then even that won't help because it doesn't host any free apps. Nobody would upload free apps because they're already free in the app store, so it's not possible to download them any other way if no one uploads them

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

Sorry no suggestions from me. I have an itunes account and get my apps the legit way. Couldn't help you even it was allowed on this forum.

Ahhh, I see.

So it wouldn't be worth it for anybody to create this alternative apparatus to install free apps because their already free and instantly available.

Darn.

Just so it's clear, I'm not trying to steal copyrighted content or cheat devs out of their money. I'd just rather not deal with iTunes and the app store. Personal preference, I guess.
    Last edited by snog; 11-17-2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Understandable. Like the other user said the pirate sites don't go to the effort to upload stuff that is free anyway.

I really wish the app developers like Google and Tweetdeck could provide the packages themselves, so I could download and install them myself. But, I guess Apple's got this thing on lock down, huh.

Excuse my ignorance about app related stuff. New user here.

I think your answer is to get an Android. Seriously.