+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to download application

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by iavrtx Has anyone that is experiencing this problem also have the "StayOpened" tweak installed from Cydia? It's the only app that I recently installed that modifies the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iavrtx View Post
    Has anyone that is experiencing this problem also have the "StayOpened" tweak installed from Cydia?
    It's the only app that I recently installed that modifies the AppStore app.

yeah. i just got stayopened, and the appstore won't let me download. i uninstalled it and even went to ifile to delete all the data from it and the appstore still doesn't work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is your iPhone jailbroken?
    My new iPhone app - Photo Punk'd on the Apple Store

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markomaksimovic View Post
    Is your iPhone jailbroken?
    what do you think!?! how else would i get stayopened.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westside86 View Post
    Every time I try to download app from app store on my iphone 4 I get a message saying unable to download application and to download using iTunes on my computer. This occurs both on 3G and on wifi and has only started happening this past week. Is there any way to fix this without deleting all my apps? Many thanks in advance.
    Change /var/mobile/Media/Downloads - Owner Permissions for Owner & Group to mobile:mobile if they are not already. Worked for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i face this problem as well. just turn off the phone and try it again, sometimes it'll work automatically.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm jailbroken and figured out that in my case there was something wrong with /var/mobile/media/Downloads folder. I had done some customization to point the Downloads folder over to the Documents folder of an installed app (airsharing) which I use to ease file transport/transfert through iTunes file import/export facility for specific apps.

In my case the symbolic link got broken after a sync (I guess iTunes had changed the airsharing folder location on my iPhone). So updating my Downloads symbolic link to match the new target location fixed my problem.
    Last edited by mozbius; 12-19-2011 at 12:56 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem, gonna try Macusercom's suggestion, and let you know if ut works for me...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jujinz View Post
    Change /var/mobile/Media/Downloads - Owner Permissions for Owner & Group to mobile:mobile if they are not already. Worked for me.

in addition to follow the above instructions .. change the access permission of user to read, write and execute.

worked like a charm for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddevilqaz View Post
    in addition to follow the above instructions .. change the access permission of user to read, write and execute.

worked like a charm for me.

And how do you do this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys! I had a similar situation on iPhone 4 6.1.3 jailbroken tethered with redsn0w then semi tether with the package from bigboss. whenever i tried to download an app it gave me the message "Unable to download application", "** could not be installed at this time" and also when i tried connecting from a game to buy an iAP, it would not connect. So, I deleted some cydia packages like ******* and BTstack and it still won't work! So i connected my iphone to my pc and went onto ifunbox. on ifunbox go to ifunbox classic then raw file system. from there go to var>mobile. right click on mobile and select permissions.Make sure owner is mobile and group is mobile. Then where it says permissions below, you shall see the problem. Where it says, "Write" it is not selected. The problem here is that a cydia package might have changed the permissions, not allowing app store to "write" any more apps onto the mobile. When you have clicked all the write buttons and the other buttons at the end which start with "Set" and "Stickybit", it shall work. Well, it worked for me

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12