Results 1 to 7 of 7

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Whatsapps terrible support?

  1. #1
    Default Whatsapps terrible support?
    ~Please read from the bottom to the top~

    On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 3:00 AM, Mike Thomson <@yahoo.ca> wrote:

    4.0.2

    On Aug 26, 2010, at 3:00 AM, WhatsApp Support <[email protected]> wrote:

    what iPhone OS version is on that "other" phone?




    On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 1:56 AM, Mike Thomson <@yahoo.ca> wrote:

    It's doing the same thing on my non jailbroken phone... So basically your telling me I've paid for an app and now that it's stopped working on it's own I'm out of luck?

    Sent from my iPhone

    On Aug 26, 2010, at 2:52 AM, WhatsApp Support <[email protected]> wrote:


    hard to say.. we don't QA on jailbroken phones, sorry.




    On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Mike Thomson <@yahoo.ca> wrote:

    That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid doing.. I was more looking for a reason why this app just stopped working out of nowhere

    Sent from my iPhone

    On Aug 26, 2010, at 12:16 AM, WhatsApp Support <[email protected]> wrote:

    Sure, but if you restore to virgin apple OS, the app will work just fine...




    On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 9:30 PM, Mike Thomson <@yahoo.ca> wrote:

    I removed every single thing I've ever downloaded with cydia and it still will not open... I dont think it has anything to do with being jailbroken because it was working fine all day and all of a sudden it just stopped opening. And I hadn't changed anything on my phone in-between that time also when I restore from a backup on a non jailbroken phone it still will not open

    Sent from my iPhone

    On Aug 25, 2010, at 8:26 PM, WhatsApp Support <[email protected]> wrote:

    Yeah, there is a ton of jailbroken stuff which breaks good behaving apps like ours. Jailbreaking is overrated.

    --



    On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Mike Thomson <@yahoo.ca> wrote:

    Yeah the phone is jailbroken.. But I restored another iPhone (that is not jailbroken) from a backup of this one and whatsapp still does the exact same thing.. Is there anything specific from cydia that is known to cause problems other then the net. -local number format package because I've checked and I don't have that installed on my phone?

    Sent from my iPhone

    On Aug 25, 2010, at 2:52 AM, WhatsApp Support <[email protected]> wrote:

    Hi Mike, are you jailbroken?




    On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Mike Thomson <@yahoo.ca> wrote:

    So all of a sudden i noticed my whatsapp would not open anymore.. when i try and open the app it opens a grey screen but then instantly closes before my conversations appear.. ive tried deleting it and reinstalling it but it does the same thing. It does this with every version back until 2.5.3... this version allows everything to open and run except anyone i attempt to message does not receive a notification i have messaged them until they open whatsapp themselves.

    im using firmware 4.0.1 on an iphone 3gs

    Thank You

  2. #2
    they have a point, why would they provide for a jailbroken phone that has probably been used to get a cracked copy of their app??

  3. #3
    Not sure but seems like they are doing great on support with all the back and forths. Some companies just ignore or stop after the word jailbroken. He is asking to do a restore to normal firmware and see if it works unjailbroken. If it doesn't then he will help but if it does then no help because it is a jailbreak issue causing problems. As he said they don't do quality checks on jailbroken devices.

  4. #4
    actually i paid for the app a long time ago.. and i said in one of my emils its doing it on a non jailbroken phone... did you not read it?

    and they only started replying after my 3rd email to them in 3 weeks

  5. #5
    You said you tried it on your other iPhone.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post
    But I restored another iPhone (that is not jailbroken) from a backup of this one and whatsapp still does the exact same thing..
    .......?

  7. #7
    He's right in that it must be something to do with the jailbreak, since you say you've never had this problem before and it affects previous versions, ruling out a problematic update.

    Just a hunch, but try downgrading your MobileSubstrate to 3206 or 3209. I had similar problems with some of my apps systematically crashing on launch using the latest version of MobileSubstrate and downgrading fixed the problem entirely.
    I emailed Saurik about it and got no response back; I'd say that's substantially worse support than what you got from WhatsApp.

    Also, restoring a non-jailbroken phone from a jailbroken backup is a guaranteed way to cause all kinds of problems.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •