Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPSW File nowhere to be found (yes i am showing hidden files)

Default IPSW File nowhere to be found (yes i am showing hidden files)
    I searched and searched for an answer to this, but can't seem to find an answer. My IPSWs are not located under user\appdata\roaming... blah blah. I have "show hidden files and folders" on, otherwise I wouldn't be able to view AppData, but there are no IPSWs here!

I will even do a sync and go to this directory and it is still empty. I am so lost as to why this would happen and I couldn't find any answers elsewhere so I joined this forum for this sole purpose.

Please help.

Thanks

Download it from the downloads section and put it where you want.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

jmstickney (08-24-2010)

and would this fix it going forth?

thanks btw

Type this in Run(cmd prompt) %Userprofile%\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

Or located here

C: \Users\Your Account Name\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

But yea what Simtech works to on just grabbing the firmwares because I think iTunes now deletes anything older.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

jmstickney (08-24-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Type this in Run(cmd prompt) %Userprofile%Application DataApple ComputeriTunesiPhone Software Updates

Or located here

C: UsersYour Account NameAppDataRoamingApple ComputeriTunesiPod Software Updates

But yea what Simtech works to on just grabbing the firmwares because I think iTunes now deletes anything older.
    ohhhh, is that what it's doing? i have 4.0.1 so because the latest is .2, is it deleting it?

Thanks

Seems to be one of those new features in iTunes 9 that wasn't really told.

That is what I read. But I don't really dig for the files myself. I just redownload them when needed from MMi.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

jmstickney (08-24-2010)

true...

thanks all