Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook app 3.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PSI70Y View Post
    Ok cool, thanks for narrowing it down. I made a post on their forums, so will c what one of the Ops says. What version of biteSMS r u running?

Im on 5.0 beta
    Ok, I'm on version 4.98

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mbeezy81 For This Useful Post:

PSI70Y (08-19-2010)

I didnt work on mine too! OMG! but the weird thing is, i still got notifications updates even though im not logged in. This is really really a weird bug :S

Mobilelog (v. 3.1.1) also makes facebook crash.. I'm on os 3.1.2.. If I deactivate MobileLogLib facebook works again

So basically, DONT UPDATE TO THE NEW VERSION UNTIL A FIX IS DONE!

Yep, it sure was the biteSMSsb mobile substrate toggle for me as well. Shucks.

Toggled off BiteSMS and still can't login onto FB on my 3GS.

Damn it! Can someone please hook me up with the .ipa for the previous version? I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed on MMi since it's a free app so it's not piracy I can't make the choice between biteSMS and FaceBook. My 2 most used apps!

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyAimFire View Post
    Toggled off BiteSMS and still can't login onto FB on my 3GS.
    You turned it off in the MobileSubstrate right? That's what we're talking about. Not the biteSMS toggle in SBSettings. You need to turn off the extension.

Nevermind. After some "Swift Thinking" (very sarcastic) I realized I hadn't synced since before I updated so I just deleted FaceBook and synced the old version! Yay :-) I'll keep an eye on this thread though for a permanent fix.
    Last edited by LastSonOfKrypton; 08-19-2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Mine works but Places says not available in my area..

Quote Originally Posted by Om3r View Post
    Mine works but Places says not available in my area..
    copy&paste from the developers blog

Places is only available in the United States right now. But we expect to make it available to more countries and on additional mobile platforms soon.

Yeah mine says not available either. I mean, I live in San Diego... not Montana or some shiz.

It looks like any SMS / MMS program is screwing up the new facebook update.

Disabled: iPhoneDeliveryMS - Verified works.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mine only works in safe mode as well but I have way to many MS extensions to list right now. But the BiteSMS toggle in the Mobile Substrate addons didn't get it to work.

EDIT: iPhoneDeliveryMS disabled made Facebook work again but BiteSMS toggles still have to be disabled.
    Last edited by codester3388; 08-19-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nationsx View Post
    It looks like any SMS / MMS program is screwing up the new facebook update.

Disabled: iPhoneDeliveryMS - Verified works.
    latest version of iRealSMS works

it is defitnaly bitesms. heres what to do, u only get the new 'places' section of facebook so if u updated and want to keep bitesms just delete facebook and then sync with itunes as that wil still have the previous version. Only works if u updated with iphonje not itunes.

They released 3.2.1 but I still had issues with it not working Back to the old FB for now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

I never used BiteSms.

For me its MobileLog causing the conflict. If I disable the MobileLogLib subsrate library facebook comes right back. Going to sync my older facebook back for now till there's an update for one or the other. I've disabled the 'places' functions on my FB privacy options anyway, so don't need this really.
    Last edited by PhoneLine; 08-19-2010 at 06:11 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

Martin over on the biteSMS forums just posted a fix...

Here’s the fix:

Edit the file /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/biteSMSsb.plist to only contain:

Filter = { Bundles = (com.apple.springboard); };

or download from here http://cydia.bitesms.com/biteSMSsb.plist

REBOOT not respring.

Also for me facebook often does not work in WiFi, so be sure to try your 3G connection instead.
    Last edited by PSYC0TIC ONE; 08-19-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: New Fix, thanks PSI70Y

Mind posting the fixed plist? They're a pain in the *ss to edit on a windows machine!

The above solution will not work

Here is the new one

Here’s the fix:

Edit the file /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/biteSMSsb.plist to only contain:

Filter = { Bundles = (com.apple.springboard); };

or download from here http://cydia.bitesms.com/biteSMSsb.plist

REBOOT not respring.

Also for me facebook often does not work in WiFi, so be sure to try your 3G connection instead.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PSI70Y For This Useful Post:

ldkud50 (08-20-2010), Pain55 (08-22-2010), PSYC0TIC ONE (08-19-2010), rumcajs (08-19-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PSI70Y View Post
    The above solution will not work

Here is the new one
    yep, jumped the gun, Martin must have updated his post within 30 seconds of posting it... lol

PSI70Y, can you check to see if you go to someone that is NOT already a friend, if you have the Send Friend Request button?

On mine, I only have the stupid "Like" button

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast