+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Picture Safe photo locations

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi all, I am having a few problems with my JB iphone and would like to backup a few important things before I go ahead and do anymore to it.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Picture Safe photo locations
    Hi all,

I am having a few problems with my JB iphone and would like to backup a few important things before I go ahead and do anymore to it.

Where does Picture Safe store photos in the iphone? I know I could connect over wifi to grab them but the problem is i am unable to do that, and i am unable to even open up Picture Safe (tried all possiblities - reinstalling etc).

any help would be great. I am able to SSH, just need to know the location.

Cheers

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You could always just plug your iphone into the computer, click computer>iphone>internal storage>DCIM and copy and paste the pictures to your computer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's for the photos in the dfault location, but where does 'Picture Safe' store their photos?

Thanks

Found it. SSH into your iphone and go to:
    Private>var>mobile>applications>There's a bunch of random numbers and letters for app names. Just click through them and the one that has the folder picturesafe>documents

Your pictures should be in there.

EDIT: Actually I just read an update for picture safe. It says that there is complete usb import and export via itunes now on iOS4.
    Last edited by robertr1; 08-06-2010 at 09:41 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to robertr1 For This Useful Post:

dh0licious (08-06-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks alot. I read about the update but the problem is picture safe got overwritten and is showing no photos, however when I went to the location you told me, ALL my photos were still there!! So I havnt lost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
    Found it. SSH into your iphone and go to:
    Private>var>mobile>applications>There's a bunch of random numbers and letters for app names. Just click through them and the one that has the folder picturesafe>documents

Your pictures should be in there.

EDIT: Actually I just read an update for picture safe. It says that there is complete usb import and export via itunes now on iOS4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The same thing happened to me i deleted picture safe and install a different version but when i openSSH i dont see any of my pictures at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by husho View Post
    The same thing happened to me i deleted picture safe and install a different version but when i openSSH i dont see any of my pictures at all.
    I'm pretty sure the images are saved within the app itself after you put them in there so it would make sense for them to get deleted when you delete the app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well, i got that problem as well, no matter it's Picture Safe or Photo Safe...i wonder if Photo Hide would do better! (anyways, just connect to PC!)
    Last edited by kitty7; 10-16-2011 at 09:01 PM.