Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I attach files from within the Mail app?

Default Can I attach files from within the Mail app?
    Can I actually attach a file, or at least an image, to an email I'm composing (or replying to, forwarding) in the Mail app?

Silly question, I know, but I just stopped using mBox Mail and am now using the Mail app.

Thanks

Nope. Not from w/in the native mail app.

Quote Originally Posted by m0m0 View Post
    Nope. Not from w/in the native mail app.
    Thanks. Rather crap I think, but you can always copy and paste pictures I guess.

On a personal note I simply don't understand how so many business IT departments can replace say a Blackberry with an iPhone when the latter cannot even perform rudimentary functions such as file attachment / management. I love my 3GS to bits, but purely as a personal device.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

This is possible by using a paid for app called Docs to Go (Premium). It allows you to sync docs with your PC, or other Online source (like Dropbox). Then they are on your iPhone. From the app, you can email docs to anyone.
    kwickone I.T.H.

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    This is possible by using a paid for app called Docs to Go (Premium). It allows you to sync docs with your PC, or other Online source (like Dropbox). Then they are on your iPhone. From the app, you can email docs to anyone.
    Thanks for the tip. Would still prefer to handle it all in the Mail app, but good to know.

Why did you stop using mbox mail. I was looking to download this. Is the native mail box better or worse. Is it worth downloading for 6 quid. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate1984 View Post
    Why did you stop using mbox mail. I was looking to download this. Is the native mail box better or worse. Is it worth downloading for 6 quid. Cheers
    I stopped using it as Hotmail works poorly on both iOS and Android, e.g. the whole IMAP issues, no push etc. Plus the native Mail app does not have folder support, does not mark messages as read, and so on. As for mBox Mail, well that app just doesn't integrate as nicely as the native Mail app, and lately it just takes forever to retrieve mail - sometimes up to two minutes. There seems to be no willingness from the developer to address this, or add support for iOS4.

Overall I've found that Gmail is a superior service, and I'm glad I switched. On iOS4 with Gmail IMAP it's a pleasure to use. This way I'm also ready to swap to Android in the future, should I want to.