Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Skype Problems

Default Skype Problems
    Hi Guys,

Just jailbreaked my iphone 3G to 4.0 and is working very well so far, problem is Skype wont ring when the phone is turned off.

The iphone 3g is connected to my wifi network, i have installed Cydia apps Insomnia (to enable always on wifi) and Backgrounder.

Now if i get a call through Skype while the phone is on it will ring no problem however when i turn it off it doesn't ring at all, yet if i turn it on while someone is calling through Skype i see the option to answer the call but there is just no ringing noise, the mute button isn't switched so it isn't that.

Please help? i wanted to use this 2nd iphone 3G i have jailbreaked as my home Skype phone but i cant tell when someone is calling if it doesn't ring.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Do u have notifications on Skype ?

Hmm, in settings under notifications there is no Skype app listed, and no options within Skype that i can see

But i have also tried loading the Skype app and turning it off while loaded and still no ringing, this shouldn't require notifications should it?

I followed this guide http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-kee...ound-on-iphone which seemed to work for all the others who left comments, just not me
    Last edited by Muffiee; 07-14-2010 at 07:26 PM.