Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Official Twitter App: Now Live

Default Official Twitter App: Now Live
    After over a year of letting others earn money from unofficial Twitter apps, Twitter has released an official iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad app, Twitter. The app is relatively like the magically disapering tweetie (Tweetie 2 Gone from the App Store? | MacApper) and is free (iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/twitter/id333903271?mt=8 ). As someone who has used Twitterrific for his whole life, this is quit an adjustment in layouts, but is definatly worth it, especially if you are like me and seem to always get the "Twitter API has timed out" popup in Twitterrific. Overall, I find this to be a long-awaited, great app that is relatively stable for the first version of an app. I rate it 8/10 stars
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -twitter-app.jpg  
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

alot good twitter apps out there if only i used twitter more often

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

Too bad they changed around the icon. I hate the new one. I loved Tweetie's old icon.

Also, i hate how long it takes the keyboard to pop up in the Compose screen. It's extremely frustrating. Other than that, i haven't had any problems with it at all.

You say its the first version of the app, but it's really Tweetie 2 with a few changes, so it's a tried and tested app.

Quote Originally Posted by skaramanga View Post
    You say its the first version of the app, but it's really Tweetie 2 with a few changes, so it's a tried and tested app.
    Correct. Tweetie 2 obviously made a deal with Twitter to become the "officially licensed" Twitter app. I upgraded yesterday and don't see any glitches so far. Tweetie was the best of the bunch, so this makes sense.

This isn't tweetie, twitter bought it out and replaced it, @mitchel209 what new icon?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

They have some ugly new icon now. Just search the App Store for "Twitter" and you'll see it. I liked the old Tweetie icon more. Everything Twitter did to the app made it worse. The only good thing about the update is that it's now Free.

@mitchell209 how Many time. Do I have to say it? This isn't tweetie, Twitter shut down tweetie and replaced it with the official app

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont use twitter but I downloaded before they make you pay for it

That icon looks very flat. All the APIs have much better ones. Neither would I switch. TweetDeck in combination with HootSuite give me features the full site doesn't even give me. The official scaled down version certainly will not be up to par.

after using it for a while i quite like it over twitterrific, it loads so fast
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

i should try that with my twitter.