+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restored via itunes without backup, how do install all my apps?

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Ok, so Ive never really ysed itunes, other than to activate my phone.. It was a JB'd 3gs (312 blara1n'd), and started doing funny stuff when doing Cydia updates the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Restored via itunes without backup, how do install all my apps?
    Ok, so Ive never really ysed itunes, other than to activate my phone.. It was a JB'd 3gs (312 blara1n'd), and started doing funny stuff when doing Cydia updates the other day.. then became unbootable...

Ive had to perform a clean restor via iTunes, and have 5 pages of purchases, but there seems to way to be able timport these into itunes to load to the phone... surely there must be an easy way to do this? You cant even select them, I will have to manually see which ones Ive puraches, and downoad them again individually.. such BS!!!! Theyre not even listed in an easy to read manner...

I thought I could just get itunes to download them all in one go from the purchased items in my list, then sync them to the phone.. but no!!..

Is there an easier way to install about 30 apps!!!...

I was never sure about how to backup a JBd device... so didnt really bother...

Hopefully 4.0 os looks to have much of the function Ive had JBing my device, so may not bother in future...

In case anyone wonders, yes, I do pay for my apps.. I dont JB my device to use pirated softrware!
    Last edited by DrMod; 05-19-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Well the entire point of iTunes is so you have a back-up location for all your apps and contacts and photos.. etc. When you purchase an app on your phone and connect it to iTunes it transfers a copy of all the apps onto your computer just in case this happens. There's no easy answer for you.. reinstall them all manually one by one.. and strt using iTunes to make regular back-ups.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I really dont see why it cant just auto sync them from my appstore account... what if my pc died, and I had to use new one?

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrMod View Post
    I really dont see why it cant just auto sync them from my appstore account... what if my pc died, and I had to use new one?
    You just made a rookie mistake, learn from it and go on!

Every jailbreak guide I have ever used states to backup in itunes before you jailbreak!

Personally I have my Iphone backed up on 3 different computers just for the reason you stated, what if my computer died!

Just be glad you only have 30 apps to reinstall!