+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBooks for iPhone

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hello all, I just recently upgraded to iPhone OS 4.0, and was really excited for the release of iBooks considering I don't have the cash to get the iPad. When
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iBooks for iPhone
    Hello all,

I just recently upgraded to iPhone OS 4.0, and was really excited for the release of iBooks considering I don't have the cash to get the iPad. When I registered, I noticed there was no iBooks app, nor was it located in the App Store like it is with the iPad. I've looked around Google for about an hour now, and cannot find ANYTHING! I thought a few of the people around here might know about it.

Thanks,
    Brandon

P.S. I have a 3G

Thanks

it isnt up as an app yet, because then users from the 3x firmwares could use it, i can understand being angry since i am also very psyced for the iBook store
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

What's Jailbreak? UnknownToaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I was upset when they announced iBooks! ONLY FOR IPAD! Why? You can read just as well on the iPhone as the iPad. Should have released both at the same time. But there is an app called Classics that has some nice books and iBooks UI is pretty much stolen from it. The only thing is they promised to update with new books but instead they just started another company and started selling individual books for 1-5 dollars. The thing that annoys me the most is that it doesn't even have the features that made me fall in love with it in the first place. No more page turning with sounds, now it just goes to the next page. Thats just as fun.

I want to add books to Classics by myself. I'm about half way there. Need to figure out why the title is showing but the rest isn't. Probably a problem with the plist but I could improvise if I don't figure it out.

Kinda got offtopic there but anyways, I can't wait for iBooks to come to iPhone either. I don't see why they have to wait until 4.0 is released. I don't even know how soon that is. Everyone's saying 3.2 is around the corner then there's a beta for 4.0 which would tell me its not going to be for a bit longer since they have to do all that testing and now they're saying its coming soon. Not sure what to expect.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

June isnt far away till OS 4.0 release. Cant wait either lol

Thanks

Regardless the app should be out nao.

EDIT: Just realized OS 4.0 won't support iTouch 1g. That's terrific. I swear to god if they don't at LEAST release iBooks for 1g itouch, somebody's gettin' hurt.. I'm beyond enraged.
    Last edited by UnknownToaster; 05-06-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks

Bump with relevance.
    Apple has announced that iPhones and iTouches would get iBooks with the release of OS 4.0. Unfortunately, we don't all get to have OS 4.0.
    OS 4.0 is only for iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 2nd generation, iPod touch 3rd generation. Meaning that only they will have iBooks. What about us? What happens to the rest of us? We just get left in the dark?

I would like you guys to support me by going to the Apple feedback page and request iBook for all iphones and iTouches. If enough of us ask, they can't ignore us. Well they can, but then they're jerkfaces..

Thanks.

PS: LINK

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

who cares about ibook? just get kindle.

Thanks

Kindle makes buying books easy but the reading isn't terrific. There are apps that make reading great but you either can't get more books or its a pain. Why can't we have both? It's not really that huge on Apples part, all we need to do is to get some support to get their attention. Its no different than signing a petition.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just like to use good reader ... can send over whatever books / files I want ... have used classics and a novel concept to have a bookshelf ... but the novelty wears off ... so dont see the big issue with ibooks not being available for all iphone / ipt when there are better programs out there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownToaster View Post
    Bump with relevance.
    Apple has announced that iPhones and iTouches would get iBooks with the release of OS 4.0. Unfortunately, we don't all get to have OS 4.0.
    OS 4.0 is only for iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 2nd generation, iPod touch 3rd generation. Meaning that only they will have iBooks. What about us? What happens to the rest of us? We just get left in the dark?
    If you aren't in one of those categories, then unfortunately I believe you already are left in the dark...

Word for the day: UPGRADE

I'm your Huckleberry!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vampr View Post
    If you aren't in one of those categories, then unfortunately I believe you already are left in the dark...

Word for the day: UPGRADE
    My point is that its BS. I don't care about 4.0 but how hard is it to put an APP on our iphones and itouches? Thats all I'm asking for and thats why I want people to help gain support for it.

I'd upgrade but not everyone has money laying around all the time. Some people have bigger priorities.