+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How Can Apple Do This Legally?

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by shadow25 To answer your question, Yes, Apple can legally do this. A lawsuit is probably not going to happen, as no lawyer will fight Apple on this
...
  1. #21
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow25 View Post
    To answer your question, Yes, Apple can legally do this. A lawsuit is probably not going to happen, as no lawyer will fight Apple on this when EVERY end-user agreed to the T&C. Regardless of if you read it or just clicked "I agree", you still agreed to it.

    I don't blame the guy for not giving you a refund. I would've banned your iTunes accounts for being a dipshit. Even after you're half-*** written rants, he still offered you some compensation. You turned your nose up at it.

    Look at your responses, they look like they were written by a middle school student. "bull ****" looks really good when asking for support from a major company that owes you nothing. You are a customer, and if you don't like the products or service, nothing is stopping you from going to another company that will cater to you the way you want.

    IIRC, everyone who gets a refund through the apple store gets Credit for iTunes.

    Well we will see about that. What kind of compensation is it if the compensation has absolutely no value to the person?

    Also I did not use bull **** until the third person I was escalated to said the same thing and completely refused a refund. He did not offer any iTunes credits or anything at this point, it is not until I got angry and use "bull ****" that he did finally offer something. And how can you say they don't owe me anything? I guess you enjoy being ripped off. Oh and sorry if my emails are not highly sophisticated and perfect english, I am quickly, angrily typing a response at night, it's not like I planned to post this somewhere, I was just dealing with a customer service rep. Wow what a good brainwashed customer you are, buy buy buy, don't ask questions or care if a company rips off thousands, probably millions of people. Also no, not everyone gets credit to iTunes, I personally know of people who were refunded the charge, furthermore how does that make it right? That just means they are pulling this crap for everyone...
    Last edited by stasis; 04-23-2010 at 07:28 PM.

  2. #22
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,005
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

    Warning for all of you, keep the language to PG13. Even though they are "*" out does not mean you can use them. The rules of the board states to use PG13 because we do have younger members. Anymore will get an infraction.

  3. #23
    My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Heartland of America
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 68 Times in 66 Posts

    Hello STASIS,

    Wow you do good! I bought an app from the app store and it did not work as described!

    I notified apple and it tells you what to do if you have a problem with and app, contact the developer of the app! I did so and told him it would know work for me! His reply was it should! I replied several times and never got another reply from him!

    You make a purchase through Apple Itunes and they get their percentage on the cost of the app and that is the end of Apples concern!

    App developers do not have to make good on their app and there is no recourse!

    Really sucks, but then again Apple does suck!

  4. #24
    MMi's "X" Member awesomeSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dragonspiral Tower in 3DS
    Posts
    4,524
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 347 Times in 259 Posts

    That's a very jerk move from Apple!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

  5. #25
    What's Jailbreak? UnknownToaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    Hello STASIS,

    Wow you do good! I bought an app from the app store and it did not work as described!

    I notified apple and it tells you what to do if you have a problem with and app, contact the developer of the app! I did so and told him it would know work for me! His reply was it should! I replied several times and never got another reply from him!

    You make a purchase through Apple Itunes and they get their percentage on the cost of the app and that is the end of Apples concern!

    App developers do not have to make good on their app and there is no recourse!

    Really sucks, but then again Apple does suck!
    Ha, Apple is so quick to deny apps yet they managed to let one that doesn't even work go through?

    And the developer should be ashamed. He should care about his own products and want them to work, if you don't want to make it, then why even start? I understand bug fixing can be a pain but really if its that big then you really need to get cracking. Not something you just pass off until your email is flooded.

  6. #26
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore.
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default My 2 cents...
    Over the years I have learned when dealing with these things you have to be very blunt and upfront, I have tried being the very nice, apathetic customer and it will never get you anywhere
    Although you have every right to demand a refund, it did not seem to help that you clearly became angry in your replies to Apple. Speaking from a customer service prospective - and no, I'm not "brainwashed" into the buy, buy, buy mantra (I am working in the field) - someone who tends to become volitile and aggressive is more likely to face obstacles than those who can be respectful, but demanding. I believe you should find another person to talk to, even if it's the president of Apple himself. But, don't offend the person who is trying to help you - although the compromise wasn't entirely in your favor, the apple Sr. Analyst did try to give you MORE value than you originally purchased. It was a compromise.

    And, yes - upon the word mentioned of jailbreak, you had said too much and communcation broke down. Maybe trying to open those lines up again will get you what you need. If your language is more legal and professional than offensive and disrespectful, customers tend to get something - which is better than nothing at all.

    Legally speaking, if you did sue - you bear the burden of proving that Apple did anything wrong. If their T&C is ironclad enough - you'll end up wasting time and money. But, really... a lawsuit over $5? I'd say, in the end, accept the loss and don't do business with Apple in the future.
    Last edited by LiaFiorano; 04-23-2010 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Grammer

  7. #27
    Pwner of Pwnage PWNsyst3m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 58 Times in 54 Posts

    Gotta love **********

    I guess that word is illegal. It starts with an I and ends with a S.
    Last edited by PWNsyst3m; 04-23-2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #28
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,005
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

    It is blocked for a reason. Talk about cracked apps/warez is not allowed because of forum rules. Neither are the apps or repos that enable them.

  9. #29
    CHUCK-TASTIC battlecrushr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Houston follow @al_da_beast
    Posts
    7,940
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

    What a major fail. Wow

  10. #30
    Pwner of Pwnage PWNsyst3m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 58 Times in 54 Posts

    My bad

  11. #31
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    561
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 35 Times in 28 Posts

    Has anyone even Gone through the iTunes User Agreement?
    All 74 Pages of it?

    Seriously? I think Apple put crap in their IUA just so no-one can be bothered to read the whole damn thing.

    I could be Agreeing to this:
    By Clicking Agree, Apple hereby takes possession of your entire life; including, by not limited to; your assets, liquid assets, all your black sweaters and blue jeans, your family and your sweet 1972 Gran Torino

  12. #32
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,005
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

    I have read it all at one point. But now I just skim the new stuff every once in a while. You would be surprised at some of the stuff in there. Or any TOS for anything.

  13. #33
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

    WOW! Get a lawyer sew Apple... you'd get billions

  14. #34
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    It is blocked for a reason. Talk about cracked apps/warez is not allowed because of forum rules. Neither are the apps or repos that enable them.
    It was removed because it used a different wifi API, as did quite a few other wifi apps. It used the same thing when they originally accepted it. I never mentioned cracked apps or warez etc. Read before jumping to conclusions... This app is available for free, from the developer if you jailbreak through cydia. It is not cracked or pirated, the developer did the right thing by giving it away since Apple removed it. I simply was bringing this up asking what reason do I have not to jailbreak when they are going to pull this crap and refuse to refund your money, only after I knew I was not going to get anywhere with him.

    Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    Has anyone even Gone through the iTunes User Agreement?
    All 74 Pages of it?

    Seriously? I think Apple put crap in their IUA just so no-one can be bothered to read the whole damn thing.

    I could be Agreeing to this:
    Oh no doubt, they have teams of lawyers for this kind of thing. They purposely word it as long as possible and make it as difficult to understand for the sole reason to get you to just click agree without reading it. I mean seriously, is a 74 page contract really needed for every person who wants to use iTunes...? There should at least be a limit of like one page for this type of agreement. The federal government started regulating the credit card companies more recently for similar reasons, they have lawyers make up a ridiculously long set of terms which is now limited. Plus that you had to actually physically sign.

    What would happen if a virus happened to come out that automatically hits agree before you see the screen. Could be iTunes, could be anything, how can a company prove someone actually agreed to it anyway. If they are going to force a 74 page contract which every one of their millions of customers must agree to shouldn't it be more than a mouse click? These terms of sale/service are nonsense, who in their right mind thinks there is nothing wrong here...

    Quote Originally Posted by robben10 View Post
    WOW! Get a lawyer sew Apple... you'd get billions
    I'm not one to do that sort of thing, and I am unemployed, its not like I could afford a lawyer that would have any chance at fighting Apples team of lawyers. I mean there has got to be quite a few of them to come up with a 74 page agreement like this. I am just so sick of getting ripped off by big companies lately. They get away with anything and there is nothing you can do about it, our system is so fair. Another example...AT&T requires me to pay $30 a month for a data plan since I have an iPhone, even though I am unemployed and rarely go outside of my wifi since I don't even have money to do anything. It will just make me loose my service sooner because unemployment doesn't cover all of the bills... I'd like to know how they expect you to get a job without a phone.
    Last edited by stasis; 04-24-2010 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #35
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,005
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stasis View Post
    It was removed because it used a different wifi API, as did quite a few other wifi apps. It used the same thing when they originally accepted it. I never mentioned cracked apps or warez etc. Read before jumping to conclusions... This app is available for free, from the developer if you jailbreak through cydia. It is not cracked or pirated, the developer did the right thing by giving it away since Apple removed it. I simply was bringing this up asking what reason do I have not to jailbreak when they are going to pull this crap and refuse to refund your money, only after I knew I was not going to get anywhere with him.
    I wasn't talking about the app you bought I was talking about the person directly above my post.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts