+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Looking for good webcam security app

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I spend a lot of time at my girlfriend's place, and would like a reliable way to keep tabs on my apartment when I'm gone. I've been fairly impressed with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Looking for good webcam security app
    I spend a lot of time at my girlfriend's place, and would like a reliable way to keep tabs on my apartment when I'm gone. I've been fairly impressed with some apps that I've found and tried out, and while they all have some nice features, no single program has all of the features I want. (I have tried iCam, At Home Camera, My Webcam and a few others.)

IMO a webcam security program is all but worthless without the following features, minimum:

- Motion detection
    - Ability to schedule when motion detection is active/inactive.
    - Ability to record video/audio (not pictures) on motion, and send clips to my phone through the app or email.
    - Push Notification when motion is detected. (Email notification does not count. I get a lot of email at all times of the day and night, so the email "ding" is ignored after bedtime.)

The following features would be very nice to have as well:
    - Ability to determine which areas on screen are active/inactive for motion detection.
    - Two-way audio communication b/t phone and home PC.
    - Option to automatically upload video to remote storage when motion is detected
    - Push notification on loss of signal. (cam failure, PC shutdown, etc.)

If anyone is aware of any apps like that, I would be eternally grateful!

Collin

Thanks

Really, the best way to get all those feature that I know of, is to use analog cameras connected to a DVR that supports mobile devices