Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: error sync 0xE8000041 please help

Default ( resolved )error sync 0xE8000041 please help
    Hello, I have a 3.1.2 iPhone 3GS I have 16 gb jailbroken with Blackra1n RC3. The problems are:

- First on the iPhone, when I download an application on the App Store, I receive an error message: "Unable to download the application. Išin can be downloaded when you reconnect to the iTunes Store from your computer "

- Then, when I connect to Itunes, I have another error message: "The application" išin was not installed on the iPhone "iPhone Mikael" because an unknown error occurred ( 0xE8000041).

Also, I tried with other applications but the problem is the same.

So I can not install any application.

With the help!

??
    Last edited by geoffreyjt; 02-23-2010 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

I have done some looking around, and from my experience the only way i have found to fix this is to restore :/ That has happen to me once and that what i had to do.
    Sent from my iPad

thanks , but i can't restore because i have new bootrom and it's not jailbreakable with 3.1.3

Thanks

it is possible if you have your SHSH on file in cydia. With a few changes to some iTunes config files it should work to restore to 3.1.2, you might be able to just restore to 3.1.2. I dont think apple has quite signing it yet. DL it and give it a try and if it gives you an error you might have to make those changes to iTunes config files to direct the server to sauriks servers. Correct me if im worng. I dont have the new bootrom so i have not dealt with it yet.
    Sent from my iPad

i have not save my ecid

finaly i have the solution " the proprietaire of the folder (application) was root , and i change to mobile, and now it's ok"
    Last edited by geoffreyjt; 02-23-2010 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Glad to hear it! Im wondering how the problem occurred.
    Sent from my iPad

Default Help me I have the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffreyjt View Post
    i have not save my ecid

finaly i have the solution " the proprietaire of the folder (application) was root , and i change to mobile, and now it's ok"
    I have the same problem, can you give me the steps to resolve this, I am lost. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffreyjt View Post
    i have not save my ecid

Thanks for the help. I changed the application /var/mobile/application folder owner to 'mobile' and the error goes away and application installation becomes successful. I almost did a restore to my ipad.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bryan79 For This Useful Post:

rain111 (07-10-2011), syedsufyan (03-09-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by bryan79 View Post
    Thanks for the help. I changed the application /var/mobile/application folder owner to 'mobile' and the error goes away and application installation becomes successful. I almost did a restore to my ipad.
    Excellent Man i had this problem the other day, resolved itself, but recently i had some issues with my mail.app and a few others not storing passwords so decided to restor not even 24hrs later this problem crept up again and was about to throw the damn thing against the wall. so cheers you saved me a few bob.

Had that error popping up for both paid and jailbroken apps when I updated my 3gs to 4.2.1 using GreenPois0n.

I did the following in MobileTerminal (under mobile not root) and all is well:

chown -hR mobile /var/mobile
    Last edited by moviemaker; 03-05-2011 at 03:34 PM.

I had the same problem. I figured it out tho. While i was browsing though iFile i accidentally unzipped a zip file and pretty much copied my device. after snooping around through it again i changed it to "mobile" instead of "root" and it works. Thanks D

That's great. Hey you know, now that I think about it, my problem started when I downloaded iFile. Perhaps I screwed something up by accident. Anyway, I'm glad you fixed the problem.

Drove me crazy until I stumbled upon a forum where a member mentioned how to fix all permission problems, so I just took a shot in the dark.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you are the **** man! Thanks for the tips on here i tried everything except restore.

Quote Originally Posted by bryan79 View Post
    it is working 100 percent with ifile

hey dude.. Can you please give me a step by step instructuions in changing the names in Ifile... it's been days that I can't download any applications and untill I saw your comment. I'm really grateful that you have found a solution but I can't catch up =(

Quote Originally Posted by wahihihi View Post
    hey dude.. Can you please give me a step by step instructuions in changing the names in Ifile... it's been days that I can't download any applications and untill I saw your comment. I'm really grateful that you have found a solution but I can't catch up =(

Okay here is how they fixed the apps from not downloading. Go to ifile then go to /var/mobile then click the arrow next to applications then it will take you to the file attributes. Then go down to owner and change it too mobile instead of root. Then your good to go!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tunn295 For This Useful Post:

rain111 (07-10-2011)

Thanks

Hello, I have a 4.2.1 iPhone 4. I have 32GB jailbroken with Greenpois0n for Windows rc6.1. The problems are:

- First on the iPhone, when I download an application on the App Store, I receive an error message: "Unable to download the application. Išin can be downloaded when you reconnect to the iTunes Store from your computer "

- Then, when I connect to Itunes, I have another error message: "The application" was not installed on the iPhone "iPhone Mikael" because an unknown error occurred ( 0xE8000041).

So Here is the fix for dummies jailbriken device must have IFile installed (from Cydia) in IFile go to var\mobile\Applications press blue forward arrow tab>scroll down to ownership, click on it, select mobile from list changing from root, click file attributes back arrow, then select done tab, reboot device, and download from itunes or update from itunes, and get no error, just installed application, 110% WORKS!!!!!!!!!

Hello, I have a 4.32.1 iPhone 4. I have 32GB jailbroken with Greenpois0n for Windows rc6.1. The problems are:

- Then, when I connect to Itunes, I have another error message: "The application" išin was not installed on the iPhone "iPhone Mikael" because an unknown error occurred ( 0xE8000041).

So Here is the fix for dummies jailbriken device must have IFile installed (from Cydia) in ifile go to var\mobile\Applications press blue forward arrow tab>scroll down to ownership, click on it, select mobile from list changing from root, click file attributes back arrow, then select done tab, reboot device, and dowload drom itunes or update from itunes, and get no error, just installed application, 110% WORKS!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by trife66; 08-24-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Hello

Does anyone know who to resolve this issue correctly, restoring iPhone or manually changing the root problem through cydia?

My father is using the iPhone 4 with the jailbreak included and his firmware is 4.2.1?

I need help figuring out a way to update apps or install apps without doing the following; restoring the phone completely or changing the

root problem through CYDIA, because of this error "itunes error 0xe8000041" it won't allow this process of UPDATING APPS OR INSTALLING

APPS THROUGH iTunes correctly. THANKS WHOEVER CAN FIGURE THIS OUT, IS TRULY ADVANCED IN KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTER OPERA

TING SYSTEMS!