Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Power Cycle

Default Power Cycle
    I just switched from a Blackberry 9700 Bold to an Iphone 3G, so far i'm impressed with the device, but theres an app im looking for that i had on my blackberry that I can't seem to find for my Iphone.. They called it "Battery Pull" for the blackberry, it allows to power off and power on the device without having to actually hold the power button down.. Ive searched and found plenty of battery apps, but cant find what im looking for. Does anyone know where I can find this app or if it even exists?

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

No, not on the appstore. There is one on cydia called quicklock, but it only locks the iPhone. Another (cydia) is called shakelock. It gives you the ability to lock/unlock your iPhone by shaking it. There is no app/tweak etc. that allows you to power off and on. Sorry!
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Nonsense. There's definitely at least one jailbreak application that lets you power-cycle your iPhone without having to press any physical buttons. At the very least, it's one of the functions of SBSettings, which any jailbreaker should have installed anyway. Swipe the status bar, tap the Power icon, and choose whether to reboot, power off, lock the phone, or go into safe mode.

Thanks

Haha aww you got me. I always use SBSettings, but never though about it for this. I was completely set on thinking about real apps. Yeah hes ^^ right sorry!

For what it's worth though, there is no app that lets you turn the phone ON without pressing the power button, unless as part of a reboot.

Ok, im not a jailbreaker tho, so how would this be done?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Tech View Post
    Ok, im not a jailbreaker tho, so how would this be done?
    Haha no way but to jailbreak. Just go ahead and jailbreak.

3.1.3 - Redsn0w 0.9.4
    3.1.2 - Blackra1n