+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nightstand alarm with weather, iPod music alarms, and photo wallpapers

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb Nightstand Weather Clock w/ Music Alarms and Sleep Timer - Now an Apple Staff Favorite

EDIT: Now a US App Store Staff Favorite - April 20, 2010!

Also, a free version is now available. Download it here: Nightstand Weather Clock Free - Elegant and Customizable Alarm Clock for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store to try it out.

FEATURES:

★ Clock and weather ★
    -Both Landscape and Portrait Orientation support. Just rotate your iPhone or iPod touch, and Nightstand will automatically adjust.
    -Customizable auto-lock time. If your device is running on battery, you can set it to sleep earlier than if it is plugged in.
    -Adjustable brightness: Slide your finger up or down to change.
    -12 or 24 hour time format
    -Show or hide seconds
    -Current weather conditions, updated every 30 minutes, for any city that you want, anywhere in the world.

★ Multiple alarms ★
    -Wake up to your own song / playlist or one of ten built in alarm sounds
    -Support for podcasts and audio books coming soon
    -Support for multiple alarms - wake up at different times on different days.
    -Adjustable snooze time for each alarm
    -Repeat certain alarms whenever you want: pick the days that you want your alarm to automatically sound on.
    -Adjustable alarm volume and silent option
    -Set your iPhone to vibrate during an alarm, either with sound or only vibration
    -Gradually fade in alarm volume if you want for a more gentle effect.
    -Alarm works even if device is sleeping!

★ Unique Sleep Timer ★
    Fall asleep to your favorite music or relaxing sounds (and soon, podcasts and audio books), and Nightstand Weather Clock will automatically pause the playback after the time interval that you've set. If you have any alarms set for the next day, not to worry, they'll still go off right on schedule.

★ Wallpaper and display ★
    -Multiple wallpaper support: If you’d like, select more than one photo to use as wallpaper, and let Nightstand automatically cycle through them however often you choose.
    -Choose from 12 gorgeous included wallpapers, or select one of your own photos to use.
    -Easily change the position of the clock and weather HUD.
    -Shake to show a flashlight, and shake again to hide it.

-----------------------------------------------

I wanted to announce my new application, Nightstand Weather Clock with Alarm and Photos, which I think really stands out from other alarm clock apps. It is available here (iTunes App Store link).

Nightstand Weather Clock turns your iPhone or iPod touch into a beautiful alarm clock. Wake up to your favorite tunes, and see the current weather conditions before you even leave your bed. Replace your boring, old alarm clock with something that really stands out.

Nightstand makes a fantastic bedside alarm clock, but it does a lot more, as well. Easily configure it to rotate the pictures in one of your photo albums, set it on your desk, and use it as a picture frame with heads-up time and weather. It's the perfect use for an old iPhone or iPod touch that doesn't see as much use anymore, as well!

Place it on your bedside table and wake up to your own music! You can easily turn down the brightness on the screen by sliding your finger up or down, and even shake your iPhone or iPod touch to show a convenient flashlight. Shake again to go back to the clock screen, turning off the flashlight.

Having trouble falling asleep? Set Nightstand's sleep timer, and you can listen to your favorite music, podcasts (soon), audio books (soon), or relaxing sounds. After a set time interval, Nightstand will automatically pause playback, hopefully by which time you will be sleeping soundly.

Completely reliable and easy to configure, Nightstand Weather Clock just works the way you want it to. Customize it to your heart's content with your own photo wallpapers, and even move the clock display HUD around if it's in the way of one of your friends' faces!

Anyway, check it out if you'd like. Here's the iTunes Store link, again (99 cents)
    Nightstand Weather Clock with Music Alarms and Sleep Timer - A Highly Customizable Alarm Clock for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

And here's the free version's link:
    Nightstand Weather Clock Free - Elegant and Customizable Alarm Clock for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Also, check out my website for more screenshots: Nightstand Weather Clock

Last edited by csnplt; 04-22-2010 at 07:28 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csnplt For This Useful Post:

kwickone (01-15-2010), Punisherrrrrr (01-15-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've just released an update that adds support for multiple alarms, supports more languages, fixes bugs, and more. Check it out here: iTunes Store

I've also added some promo codes to the OP. Enjoy!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

used J49NYT3E4FJL

Green Apple
    Thanks

Love the app but hate the icon...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitone View Post
    Love the app but hate the icon...
    I know that it's kind of bad. I'm not good with photoshop, and I didn't just want to use the default-style alarm clock icon because I wanted to show the weather info + wallpaper as well.

Do you have any suggestions as to what I could do to improve it?

Thanks,
    Thomas

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Used NYLE4FAYL9WN

Will check it out! Thanks!

EDIT: nice app! I have it on my office desk right now and it looks good. Seems very well put together. Random/rotating wallpapers would be cool
    Last edited by kwickone; 01-15-2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    kwickone I.T.H.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It looks really good. Gonna try it later...

I used LP7JAM7XMRWR

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

nice work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great this looks very nice will give it a go.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Its only available from the US itunes store,

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok
    I have it now and like it,is there a way to turn off wallpaper and just have the time and weather?
    thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waksat View Post
    Ok
    I have it now and like it,is there a way to turn off wallpaper and just have the time and weather?
    thanks
    Kind of. One way would be to set the brightness to the lowest level. This turns off wallpaper so its not as distracting.

Another way would be to take a screenshot of a black or grey background (just go in Safari to a page like that). Then, set that as your wallpaper, and you should have a blank background.

Less than ideal, I know, but in future updates, I might make this a bit easier.

Thanks

Hey csnplt,

I really like all the improvements you have made on this already nice app.

One thing I would like to see if it is possible is to have the alarms work even if the app is "closed". Kind of like the native iPhone alarms (where you see the little clock icon on the top bar).

I doubt Apple has exposed that capability in an API or anything, but thought I would ask. I guess I could just use Backgrounder to keep it open in the background....

Thanks.
    kwickone I.T.H.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    Hey csnplt,

I really like all the improvements you have made on this already nice app.

One thing I would like to see if it is possible is to have the alarms work even if the app is "closed". Kind of like the native iPhone alarms (where you see the little clock icon on the top bar).

I doubt Apple has exposed that capability in an API or anything, but thought I would ask. I guess I could just use Backgrounder to keep it open in the background....

Thanks.
    Thanks a lot! Unfortunately, it is impossible to do what you suggested, at least in an App Store app. Maybe Apple will add this in iPhone OS 4.0, though.

Thanks

@csnplt No worries. Still a great app!
    kwickone I.T.H.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's been a long time since my last post, and a ton of stuff has been added. There's now a sleep timer, support for podcast and audio book alarms, better wallpaper support, and new alarm features, as well as more detailed weather information. There's also now a black theme option.

I still have many more updates planned, and some possible additions include: An RSS feed ticker, Record your own alarm sound, GPS auto-location (this will be coming very soon), user-adjustable widget size, and much more. All updates will be free, of course.

If you're interested in suggesting more features, just leave a post below, and I'll get right back to you. Thanks in advance!

I'd also like to share that Nightstand Weather Clock has been picked as an Apple Staff Favorite in the App Store for this week. I'm very excited about this!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csnplt For This Useful Post:

coloradoxmfan (04-22-2010), whereswaldo (04-26-2010)

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

This is one of my favorite apps! Keep up the great work!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coloradoxmfan View Post
    This is one of my favorite apps! Keep up the great work!
    Glad you like it. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,865 Times in 699 Posts

Crashes with 4.0 beta 2. Works at the beginning, but once you close it and try to re-open it crashes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by besnfrd View Post
    Crashes with 4.0 beta 2. Works at the beginning, but once you close it and try to re-open it crashes.
    I know. I'm using the 4.0 beta on my iPhone as well. I know what's causing the app to crash, and it will definitely be fixed by the time 4.0 comes out. It hasn't been a priority right now because so few users have 4.0, but I'll fix it in the next update if I get a chance.

Also, on a related note, I'm pleased to say that Nightstand Weather Clock will support background alarms in 4.0, so just like with Apple's alarm app, you'll be able to set an alarm and go to another app without worrying about the alarm not going off.

Thanks for your reply.