+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nightstand alarm with weather, iPod music alarms, and photo wallpapers

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
this app is great, even though i didnt win the giveaway back in march i ended up buying it and i definatly don't regret it, its great waking up to
    Thanks

this app is great, even though i didnt win the giveaway back in march i ended up buying it and i definatly don't regret it, its great waking up to the weather, your favourite song and the time. The only thing i don't love is that even if i set it to update the weather every five minutes, it doesnt always seem to update when my iPod is locked
    Quote Originally Posted by csnplt View Post
    I know. I'm using the 4.0 beta on my iPhone as well. I know what's causing the app to crash, and it will definitely be fixed by the time 4.0 comes out. It hasn't been a priority right now because so few users have 4.0, but I'll fix it in the next update if I get a chance.

Also, on a related note, I'm pleased to say that Nightstand Weather Clock will support background alarms in 4.0, so just like with Apple's alarm app, you'll be able to set an alarm and go to another app without worrying about the alarm not going off.

Thanks for your reply.
    yay! backgrounding
    Last edited by whereswaldo; 04-26-2010 at 07:26 PM.
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    this app is great, even though i didnt win the giveaway back in march i ended up buying it and i definatly don't regret it, its great waking up to the weather, your favourite song and the time. The only thing i don't love is that even if i set it to update the weather every five minutes, it doesnt always seem to update when my iPod is locked

yay! backgrounding
    Thanks! Glad you like it. I'll also look into what you mentioned about the weather not updating when the device is locked.

I do need to temper your excitement about backgrounding Not all in-app functionality is technically able to be implemented while the app is "running" in the background (at least as I understand). For example, I don't think it will be possible to playback a music alarm in the background, but I will be able to play back selected alarm sounds. As you probably know, Apple's solution to multitasking is not quite full "multitasking." Apps are paused in the background, so there's still only one app open and running at once (for most cases).

If the app is running in the foreground and a music alarm is set, that music will still be played at the correct time in iPhone OS 4.0, but I'm afraid that I'll have to set off an included sound as the alert instead if the app is not in the foreground.

That said, iPhone OS 4.0 is still in beta, so of course, conditions can change. I do expect to have at least basic background features working, though. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks

@csnplt I'm not completely sure that it's not always refreshing, it might just be my imagination, and probably wouldn't use multitasking on this app anyway, I normally just open it righ before bed and then keep my iPod locked all night

Green Apple
    Thanks

I will definitely download this when i get home, all i need now is a stand for my iPhone.

Thanks

@WTFDANG <3 smart choice, I wasn't origionally sure about it, but it ended up being a very smart decision buying it, you will love it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    @csnplt I'm not completely sure that it's not always refreshing, it might just be my imagination, and probably wouldn't use multitasking on this app anyway, I normally just open it righ before bed and then keep my iPod locked all night
    I see. For me at least, there's really no point in updating the weather if the iPhone is sleeping, as you won't be able to see it (the screen's off). Instead, when you unlock the phone, I'll just update it.

If you keep the screen on, though, it should be updating at the time interval you chose in the Weather settings.

Thanks

Wait, i just got a great idea for an update: Not just the current weather, but the day's forecast also
    Name? whereswaldo
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks
    Thanked 1,865 Times in 699 Posts

I recently downloaded the FREE version thinking that it would act the same as the paid version. Nope. The free one doesn't crash at all. Strange.

Thanks

The new update looks great! Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Name? whereswaldo
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12