Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Best app to track 3GS?
12-30-2009, 07:05 PM #1Best app to track 3GS?
I want to install an app so that if my 3GS is stolen or lost I can find it.
- I need it to have an internet interface so that I can track my phone without having the phone.
- I need it to be accurate to withing a few hundred feet to atleast give me an idea of where I may have left it
- I need it to run in the background so that I don't have to open the app to send tracking info
- I would be nice if i could remotely delete my data or sends a message or make calls with it
- It needs to be fairly cheap (under $5)
Here's the kicker: My iPhone isn't jailbroken
12-30-2009, 09:04 PM #2
The ONLY way to track a non-jailbroken phone is with MobileMe which is $99 per year. The best jailbroken alternative is Longitude which sends your GPS location to Google's Latitude service. This app is $1.99.
12-30-2009, 11:33 PM #3
I like iLocalis. I believe it let's u do all that, and more. Like u can have ur phone call you or send u a txt to get the new number of the phone if the sim card is swapped. Check ilocalis.com.
However. Ilocalis requires a jailbreak. Sorry.
Last edited by Crafty42; 12-30-2009 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
12-30-2009, 11:34 PM #4
Longitude isthe best