Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
12-13-2009, 08:32 PM #1
Tired of Blackout Restrictions with NBA League Pass App?
Tired of Blackout Restrictions with NBA League Pass App? This mod will allow you to fake what zipcode is reported to the app allowing you to bypass any blackout restrictions so you can watch your home team. I didn't make this mod, I'm just passing it along. UNFORTUNATELY THE BLACKOUT RULE STILL APPLIES TO NATIONALLY BROADCAST GAMES (ABC, ESPN, TNT, AND NBA TV)
1) Make sure you have NBA League Pass installed
2) Then download the Location Bypass.deb from here
3) SSh into your device and navigate to private/var/mobile/Library/Downloads
4) Put the deb in your private/var/mobile/Library/Downloads
5) Use iFile to navigate to private/var/mobile/Library/Downloads, click on the .deb file and then select installer to install the .deb. If you don't have iFile then you will have to use mobile terminal to navigate to private/var/mobile/Library/Downloads and type dpkg -i XXXXXXXX.deb (replace XXXX with file name)
6) Once the .deb is installed, respring your device
7) Use iFile or a File browsing program to locate the directory "Documents" under your NBA League Pass.app (/var/mobile/Applications/XXXXXXX) iFile tells you the name of the folders without guessing so its far easier to use.
8) You will see a plist file inside the Documents folder, open and edit it: Edit the Zip code to a zip code from a location you want reported to the app. Try using a Las Vegas zipcode (89119) or a place that doesn't have a NBA team and would not blackout any teams. (The number you are changing to a zip code currently says 12345)
10) Relaunch NBA League Pass and Enjoy watching your home team
Last edited by StealthBravo; 12-13-2009 at 08:49 PM.
12-14-2009, 02:54 AM #2
Can you guys supply me with that file in documents because it simply does not show up and its like an epidemic this little issue.
The bad news is that this isnt even remotely as bad as the insufficient network coverage problem arghhhhhhhhhhhhh..
12-14-2009, 11:58 AM #3
12-15-2009, 12:33 PM #4
An easier way without all the sshing and dpkg installation:
The app is called FakeLocation and it is made by the same developer who created iLocalis (a kind of lo-jack for the iPhone better than Mobileme Find phone). Currently there is a beta version in the repo http://ilocalis.com/repo and the developer has informed me that release version will be released shortly to the modmyi repo.
Screenshots of the app:
12-15-2009, 01:34 PM #5
nice! gonna try this out when the blazer game starts.
12-19-2009, 05:20 PM #6
Does anyone know how to get this to work in the UK? A friend of mine is having problems, and I have gone through everything with him and he still cannot get it to work. Also the fakelocation does not work for most apps. It does work for NBA and MLB but other apps that use the location service it does not work....
12-30-2009, 01:22 AM #7
How do I get the Fake Location APP. I am jailbroken and can't find it in ********** or the factory APP store......
12-30-2009, 01:25 AM #8
^ it's in cydia not the AppStore
Do you honestly think apple would accept it?
12-30-2009, 11:35 PM #9
Nice app, too bad it came a lil too late to watch the Phils playoff games...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
01-01-2010, 06:03 PM #10
this seems legit, will try fake your location app instead of installing anything through ssh
01-01-2010, 06:57 PM #11
Fake Location works really well. I abandoned the original method to use it and have been very happy
03-07-2010, 10:50 PM #12
I downloaded Fake Location and i set my location and everything. Does anyone know why it doesn't work?
03-07-2010, 10:54 PM #13
for the NBA app?
03-09-2010, 11:23 PM #14
Doesnt look like it's able to bypass the NBA TV blackout though
03-10-2010, 01:02 AM #15
Any nationally televised game will still be blacked out
03-09-2011, 04:16 PM #16
I wonder if this, or a similar workaround will be available now that NBA LP is on the second gen AppleTV?
03-16-2011, 07:57 AM #17
sorry, I don't understand as well... Could you please explain to me what is this blackout restrictions?
I'm from Italy and I would like to subscribe the international league passe to see NBA matches... you mean that may occur I won't be able to see some matches? even from Italy? and without any notification before?
03-16-2011, 11:17 PM #18[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
03-16-2011, 11:42 PM #19
It doesn't apply. However there are tweaks in cydia that do this for you.
03-21-2011, 04:06 PM #20
Hey guys, I am from Turkey and I am getting that annoying black limitations as well. May I ask If the first message still works or not, because this post is rather old?