+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Issues with Super Monkey Ball 2

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi guys! complaints are coming in from all over the globe that Super Monkey Ball 2 will not play. The load screen comes up and then cuts to a black
    My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Issues with Super Monkey Ball 2
    Hi guys!

complaints are coming in from all over the globe that Super Monkey Ball 2 will not play. The load screen comes up and then cuts to a black screen where the game gets stuck.

It seems that this is only happening to iDevice users that are jailbroken - but this is still unconfirmed.

2 solutions have been suggested:

--Put iDevice in safe mode - easiest way I know of is SBSettings
    --Install SWAPMODE and activate it

The SBSettings/safe mode trick worked for me.

Post up all of the solutions that you guys have come across and possible solutions that are permanent - aside from the dev releasing a patch/update.

So to those of you that payed $9.99 for SMB2 and feel ripped off because it doesn't work - I assure you it does.

$9.99 well spent IMHO - just needs a small tweak from SEGA

tim

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tweetie 2 is having problems as well
    Thanks for the fix! I came here looking to see if others were having this problem, and sure enough, safe mode worked for me.

I've also noticed the new update for Tweetie (2.1) has a number of issues with my jailbroken phone. I couldn't add accounts, it was just spin trying to authorize, and the app wouldn't load links in the internal browser or get my location through GPS. When I rebooted in safe mode, all of these things suddenly worked just fine.

Tweetie 2.1 and Super Monkey Ball 2 and the first apps I've ever encountered that haven't worked in some fashion due to my phone being jailbroken. I'm really curious if it's due to recent Cydia apps I've installed (recently SmartScreen, Reflective Dock, PogoPlank, OverBoard...) or something with the way these new apps are being written that causes problems. Either way, I hope it gets cleared up soon.

FRC
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Could it be Mobile Substate?
    Hi guys, I've been hit by the Super Monkey Ball problem too. I've been researching this and found out that it could maybe be mobile subtrate thats causing the problem.. Check it out

Super Monkey Ball 2 Not Working! UPDATE! Ipab0y

What do you reackon?

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Try going to the more option on SBSettings(found in cydia) then click disable mobilesubstrate addons and use it to disable some springboard extensions. You can use this to troubleshoot and find out exactly what is causing the problem. I will test and see if i can do some troubleshooting myself. I have supermonkeyball but havent used it since the last update.

i tried disabling every single one of the addons. it must be a problem caused by mobilesubstrate itself

for me it blackscreens even in safe mode
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 12-04-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    Try going to the more option on SBSettings(found in cydia) then click disable mobilesubstrate addons and use it to disable some springboard extensions. You can use this to troubleshoot and find out exactly what is causing the problem. I will test and see if i can do some troubleshooting myself. I have supermonkeyball but havent used it since the last update.

i tried disabling every single one of the addons. it must be a problem caused by mobilesubstrate itself

for me it blackscreens even in safe mode
    Are you unlocked?

Thanks

No, im on an ipod touch 2g
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ddonuts4 I have exactly the same problem tell me if you get yours to work

Thanks

Lol I just asked the app store for a refund because of a defective download. Now I'm not so badly screwed over. Btw, I've got no fix yet (