+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Itunes Application Sync will not stay selected

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I am running latest iTunes 64-bit with iPhone 3G on 3.1.2 When I sync, I select Music, Podcasts, Ringtones, Photos, and Applications. All my apps are shown, sync apps is
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Itunes Application Sync will not stay selected
    I am running latest iTunes 64-bit with iPhone 3G on 3.1.2 When I sync, I select Music, Podcasts, Ringtones, Photos, and Applications. All my apps are shown, sync apps is checked, and check marks are placed next to all apps I want synced. Everything syncs and transfers properly but the next time I open iTunes (or switch to Podcasts, for example) and return to Applications, Sync Applications and all the apps listed below it are unchecked and I have to reselect all of them. This does not happen with any of the other tabs like Music, Podcasts, etc., only Applications.

Any help would be appreciated.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

try to update itunes I had the same problem if you have lots of apps it really sucks because you have to check everyone you want on it again

9.0.2.25 is the version I have of itunes

also i would bet you have some tweaks that change the layout of the sringboard like 5inarow or 5springboard.. Thanks should be close to what the name of the tweaks are called
    Update what ever tweak you installed uninstall it then reinstall the scurrent one. they should all have been updated to work with the new itunes
    Last edited by JJMA; 11-16-2009 at 04:17 PM.
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Found the problem:

I have found that using 5 row/column (anything except the standard 4x4 format) wreaks havoc on itunes Application Organizer. It will sync the apps but does scramble the icons. Another problem I found was that the sync Applications selections do not save and you have to reselect each program every time you open iTunes and want to sync the apps. I don't use the Organizer but having to select the apps everytime I sync is a pain in the *!*. What I do is the following:

1. Disable 5 Row in the Mobile Substrate Addon BEFORE I connect to iTunes.
    2. Sync the apps.
    3. Reenable 5 Row in the Mobile Substrate Addon.
    4. Use Springback to put everything back where it was.

Takes less than 1 minute.
    Anyone who hasn't used Springback, it is a real lifesaver. Makes a backup of all springboard pages, allowing a single click to restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey on my iphone when i select apps to be put on to the phone i keep getting this unknown error message (oxE8008001) this happens right at the very end on the sync while its being installed how can i fix this note this only happens with apps from **********

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

if you do the update for it you will not have to turn it off every time the update fixed it. The app page in itunes says that it does not work due to 5row

Update and done
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iafedorov89 View Post
    hey on my iphone when i select apps to be put on to the phone i keep getting this unknown error message (oxE8008001) this happens right at the very end on the sync while its being installed how can i fix this note this only happens with apps from **********
    If you don't steal apps you won't have this problem.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (03-23-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't have the 5 in a row and I am current on my itunes 9.0.3 and yet I have the same problem Any ideas??? apple says I should deauthorize my audible account and then reinstate it.