+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: live skysports on iphone!! (UK only) Wifi only

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default live skysports on iphone!! (UK only) Wifi only
    the o2 website this morning is showing that the Sky Mobile TV app is now available on appstore and as an 02 customer, we get 3 months free. Just checked the appstore at 1.30pm uk time and it is not in yet, shouldnt be far away though. The app is free but the will charge 6.99 a monthe after the 3 month free trial.

1 question, will it work with 3G Unrestricter i wonder?

Text SKY to 2020 free.

What us Sky Mobile TV?
    The Sky Mobile TV app allows you to watch Sky Sports 1,2 and 3 as well as Sky Sports News, Sky Sports Extra, Sky News, At The Races and ESPN.

The Sky Mobile TV app currently works over Wi-Fi. All our iPhone tariffs include unlimited Wi-Fi access at over 7,500 BT Openzone and The Cloud Wi-Fi hotspots in the UK (including most Starbucks). Find out your nearest Wi-Fi hotspot.

You can also use Wi-Fi at home or in your office if you have it. Take a look at how to set up Wi-Fi on your iPhone.

How do I subscribe?
    Download the Sky Mobile TV app from the Apple App store, just search for 'Sky Mobile TV'

How do I get 3 months free?
    Our iPhone customers exclusively get the first 3 months free access to the app. Text SKY to 2020 for your promotional code. You'll need to enter the code in the promotional code box as part of the subscription process.

Don't forget, you'll need a credit or debit card and terms and conditions apply.

Is all content available?
    Due to restrictions, a small amount of content is not available. This includes WWE, HBO Boxing, MLB, Serie A and NCAA.

Where can I watch Mobile TV?
    You can watch Sky Mobile TV anywhere where you have Wi-Fi access in the UK. Take a look at how to set up Wi-Fi on your iPhone. and don't forget that all our iPhone tariffs include unlimited Wi-Fi access at over 7,500 BT Openzone and The Cloud Wi-Fi hotspots in the UK.

How much does the Sky Mobile TV cost?
    Subscription to the live service is 6 per month but our iPhone customers can get the first 3 months free by texting SKY to 2020 for a promotional code. The code should be used in the sign in process for the app.

During the 3 months free period, we'll send texts to remind you that you'll be paying 6 per month for the app after the 3 months is over. If you'd like to unsubscribe from Sky Mobile TV you can visit www.sky.com/mobiletv/myaccount to do so.

Is there a minimum subscription period?
    There is a minimum subscription period of 1 calendar month.

Can I use the application if I'm not subscribed?
    Yes. This application also allows you to browse the channel line-up for free and see what's on offer over the next 24 hours. But, you need to subscribe to watch the live TV.

+Available to iPhone customers on O2 in the UK only. After your first three months' subscription, you will automatically be charged for Sky Mobile TV at 6 a month unless you notify Sky that you no longer wish to receive the service before the last day of your 3 month free subscription period. Only one promotion code per mobile phone number. Texts to 2020 are free. Offer limited to 150,000 customers or until 2nd February 2010, whichever comes first.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I've got a promo code, but still can't find the app

Rip
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can't find it either.

How about a link to the app?

Nothing on Sky website about it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Got it, it does work with 3g unrestrictor. You have to set enable isdirect to on.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skiptowncat View Post
    Got it, it does work with 3g unrestrictor. You have to set enable isdirect to on.
    do you have to select that option with all the apps you put into 3g unrestrictor?

Im new to this!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What can I do to stop my skysports on my iphone 3gs from constantly sticking all the time??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Are you using wifi or 3g?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi skiptowncat

Thanks for your reply, I am using WIFI

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Maybe your connection speed?
    Does it work better if you are nearer the router?
    Mine works fine if I'm upstairs where the router is, but sometimes lags when I'm downstairs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A word of Warning to any of you guys that have got the Sky mobile TV app. Ive just shelled out 35 for the Official Iphone to TV cable, in order to get it onto my Wide Screen TV. It wont show that particular app / channel when connected up properly. Just to put that into perspective, I know Im wired up correctly because its reproducing a pretty good picture & sound when my Iphone is showing Itune clips.

I would asume that Sky have insisted on some form of blocking in order to stop people dodging their extortionate prices by using this method.

If anyone as any ideas on how to get around this problem I would be very interested to hear ( paying Sky 50 + each month however is not an acceptable option - thieving klunts).

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Have ytou tried screensplitr/tvout?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I-Phone link to laptop???
    Hi - I recently acquired the Sky Sports package and am having much fun watching the football on my phone via wi-fi in the house I just moved in to, which does not have Sky Sports. However, I am already tiring of the much needed focus to concentrate on the small screen.

I've already seen that I can purchase an AV cable with suitable audio that should allow me to connect my phone to a TV, which is great. I will go ahead with this in due course.

But, for the short term I ponder if I can connect to my windows based laptop and view the image. I have the 3G version. Is there any software available for this? I can't seem to find anything.

Any comments would be most helpful.
    Cheers
    M

Rip
    Thanks

Before you rush out and buy a lead, I remember reading that the Sky app won't output video to the dock connector.

Have a search around and check.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rip For This Useful Post:

szeliga007 (12-09-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmmmm sadly I also remember reading that. But it was not overly detailed. So there is the possibility that the i-phone designed AV cable won't work with this specific app, as per the request of Sky??

If it was a tenner I'd go for it and see but not for 35. There must be a way around this....

Rip
    Thanks

Check in Cydia, there is a TV out app in there.

Don't be tempted by the cheap cables. If they do not have the apple chip they won't work correctly - I know - I have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for your reply. Can you help to explain what Cydia is? An extended App store? What is Jailbreak?

All I really wish to do is hook the cable up! But I agree, getting the offical cable is going to be wise. But I am reluctant to do this unless I am certain it works...

Rip
    Thanks

Cydia is a jailbreak appstore.

You'll need to jailbreak your iPhone first though.

You can use blackra1n to do this, by following one of the guides from this page for Windows or Mac.

When done, there'll be a blackra1n app on your iPhone. Using this you can install Cydia.

Once in Cydia, you can browse all of the apps available, including the TV out ones and see if they'll do what you need.

However, beware that if the last 3 numbers of your iPhone serial number are above 939 you'll need to use blackra1n to boot your iPhone if it should ever turn off or run flat. For all other serial numbers it's fine.

Thanks

I would assume that this will be being broadcast at a resolution suitable for the iPhone. Outputting to a large TV will probably render it unwatchable.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.