+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I would like to promote my app

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Astronomy Guide for iPhone and iPad! Have you ever dreamt of knowing absolutely everything about the universe in a playful manner? I bet you did if you had astronomy classes
    Thanks

Default Star Walk review
    Astronomy Guide for iPhone and iPad!

Have you ever dreamt of knowing absolutely everything about the universe in a playful manner? I bet you did if you had astronomy classes at high school. Astronomy can seem a bit boring if you just open a book and start reading and watching pictures. What if you had an app on your favorite device like iPhone or iPad that can make Astronomy interesting and breathtaking. I'm very pleased to assure you that there is such an app - Star Walk.

Start the app and you see the night sky in its full beauty with stars and constellations. Start moving the night sky with your finger and you discover the Sun, the moon, Uranus, Pluto, Venus moving around. You'll see the horizon, ecliptic, the East, the South, the West, the North. All the night sky on your palm. As if in one of those sci-fi movies!

Tilt your iPhone 3GS to activate augmented reality and see the stars that are above you.

Choose any celestial body and read the general info about, it for more detailed knowledge use the Wikipedia links that forward you straightly to the article about the object you've selected.

Look for the stars, planets, constellations or messier objects in the list and see them on the night sky.

Travel in time by changing the actual date and time in the app to see for example the night sky when you were born.

Choose the place on Earth from where you want to gaze the stars so if you're apart from your beloved you can easily stargaze together

Graphics

The graphics in Star Walk are really amazing as the sky moves very smoothly without any graphical hiccups. The UI is so user friendly that you don't need any manuals to be able to find all necessary features and settings.

Sound

The sound is future like. It reminds me of the fantasy films. They appear when you press icons and change settings. If you don't like you may just switch it off.

Settings

There are two modes for viewing the night sky: day mode that is when you simply surf through the program and night mode (with dim red colors) that is when you use the app at night not to make you blind of the bright screen of your device.

You may switch on or of the images of constellations on the night sky.

Switch on/off the sound

Customize the brightness of stars to be able to see only those stars that are visible to you as most of the sky can't often be seen on the real starry night.

Fun

"The astronomy picture of the day" is another cool feature that can make you one step closer to astronomy and to becoming a real fan. The real pictures made by real astronomers are constantly added to the app and the users are informed about new pictures appeared by "Push" notifications. This is really amazing. Besides, these pictures can be yours! You may send them to VITO Technology and they'll add so that thousands of astronomer lovers can appreciate your photos.
    What is more, with new features you can share these pictures with your friends in social nets!

Price

It may seem a bit pricy. Though you may think that you buy the whole Universe to bring it always with you. Do not hesitate, you won't be disappointed.

5 promo codes for people who would like to try Star Walk! A cool astronomy app for everybody who wants to admire the sky up there.

3FF46MNLMRAR
    TALK6EMN7PER
    43HN3FLWW6LL
    X74FPA6NXE49
    XHFRYM9KJJJM

Please write which one you used and give me any feedback, impressions, suggestions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I would like to promote my app-copyright-4.jpg   I would like to promote my app-copyright-1.jpg   I would like to promote my app-copyright-3.jpg  
    Last edited by ErikiPhone; 06-15-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: added description

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks a bunch! I used: 3FF46MNLMRAR. I'll let you know what I think! !!!!!
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

Thanks

all used up :-(

Thanks

sorry about that.... only one person though wrote which code it was used up.... I will make sure I'll post some more later on

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Maybe you should edit you original post to include a proper review of your app with description and pics....as required. Thanks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

ErikiPhone (10-21-2009)

Thanks

Correct! I will do so. thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocacolafire's Avatar
    Thanks

You know, just for your safety, you shouldnt go around (dont take this the wrong way) yelling out your app for a reason.....(Here at ModMyI nobody would do this) but it might promote people to...crack it..(Which is why many people dont go around shouting " LOOK AT MY $1.99 APP! IT COULD DO SO MANY COOL THINGS! BUT ONLY FOR THOSE WHO PAY FOR IT! " that kind of thing, I know your a developer, and you wish to place a ad (which is fine I think).
    Last edited by Cocacolafire; 10-21-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: MMmmm pie.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cocacolafire For This Useful Post:

ErikiPhone (10-21-2009)

Thanks

oh..really? thanks for the heads up. The fact is that I am fairly new here and I am not entirely sure yet what is allowed, what is not allowed and how to best use the forums. I do obviously take part in other discussions but have also seen some people asking for suggestions about their apps and doing some promotions.. hence I wanted to do it as well!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocacolafire's Avatar
    Thanks

Just got the app. WOW!
    Its like looking into heaven! 10/10!

BTW- Putting up a ad here is fine. But just watch out for sites that have reported crackers. (Cant say what site according to the fourm rules)

But just keep a heads up.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

I purchased Star Walk a long time ago....it is by far the best app of its kind. Fantastic graphics and smooth interface. Makes my kids go "Wow"!
    kwickone I.T.H.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

U could also get some help putting in cracked app protection. I don't know how but I know people do that.

Thanks

Thumbs up WWDC Apple Design Awards! :)
    Hey, Guys! Our App has won WWDC Apple Design Awards! On that occasion we would like to share some promocodes on the last Star Walk iPhone version!
    Please write which one you used, so I would mark it. And give me any feedback, impressions, suggestions!

Promocodes:
    KXAR3FHLMXM6
    3K7N64HFFN4X
    9PW4R43HEKJP
    96344NNJW7WP
    9XAMWLMJWXKP

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ErikiPhone For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (06-15-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ErikiPhone View Post
    Hey, Guys! Our App has won WWDC Apple Design Awards! On that occasion we would like to share some promocodes on the last Star Walk iPhone version!
    Please write which one you used, so I would mark it. And give me any feedback, impressions, suggestions!

Promocodes:
    KXAR3FHLMXM6
    3K7N64HFFN4X
    9PW4R43HEKJP
    96344NNJW7WP
    9XAMWLMJWXKP