Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Animated Hourglass Timer
09-21-2009, 09:08 PM #1Animated Hourglass Timer
Hourglass Timer is a unique timer different from all the other timers on the App Store. It supports switching between portrait and landscape modes automatically when you hold your iPhone or iPod touch horizontally or vertically and shows you a timer with clear numbers and an animated golden hourglass. While the time is running, the sand in the hourglass is falling, which let you see the passing time vividly.
Any activity that needs a high-precision timer can use Hourglass Timer, such as speech practice, meeting, cooking, sport, or game, etc.
- Switch between portrait and landscape modes automatically when you hold your iPhone or iPod touch horizontally or vertically.
- In portrait mode, the height of hourglass and time areas can be adjusted as you like by dragging the middle bar.
- The time can be defined in hours/minutes/seconds.
- The timer can be paused, resumed or reset by pressing the relevant buttons, or shake to pause or resume with a tip sound.
- You can define an alarm sound for the end of the timer or enable vibration, or enable a flashing popup window.
- When 30 seconds left, it warns with a Tic-Tac sound and the numbers are changed into blue from white.
- Supports countdown mode.
- In case, the application quits while the timer is active, the timer will continue working till the application restarts.
- The options you set in Settings panel can be saved for later use when you restart the application.
- Sleep mode is not activated while time is running.
Vibration features require the iPhone. It doesn't work on the iPod touch.
Last edited by Sothink; 09-22-2009 at 01:03 AM.
09-21-2009, 09:26 PM #2
Did you by chance develop this one?
09-21-2009, 11:17 PM #3
Not by chance.
But it is a little bit far from my original idea in fact.
09-22-2009, 12:28 PM #4
Hourglass Timer Logo
Hourglass Timer Logo
However, Hourglass Timer is a fully featured timer, which shows you not only the number of time clearly, but also an animated golden hourglass with falling sands, which let you see the passing time vividly. When you hold your iPhone or iPod touch horizontally or vertically, or even upside down, Hourglass Timer will be automatically switched between landscape mode and portrait mode. Even you can define the time in hours/minutes/seconds.
What’s more, in portrait mode, the height of hourglass and time areas can be adjusted by dragging the middle bar. If you’d like to enjoy the hourglass animation, you can drag the middle bar to increase the height of hourglass area. Or if you’d like to see numbers of time more clearly, you can increase the height of time area. The middle bar can be dragged at any time, even when the timer is working.
Here are the other features that the built-in timer does not have:
* Shake to pause or resume with a tip sound.
*Enable vibration or a flashing popup window when the timer ends.
* When 30 seconds left, it warns with a Tic-Tac sound and the numbers are changed into blue from white.
*Supports countdown mode.
Sothink 2nd iPhone App Hourglass Timer is released – iPhone App Index