+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Car Keyless entry App

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I've been working on this app for a while which would let you Unlock/Lock your car,set your cars alarm,start your car w/ remote start, and pop your trunk,using bluetooth technology
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Car Keyless entry App
    I've been working on this app for a while which would let you Unlock/Lock your car,set your cars alarm,start your car w/ remote start, and pop your trunk,using bluetooth technology and can be controlled all from your smartphone. I'm wanting to get peoples opinion if they would like to see this app/product on the market and would be interested in buying this product before I go any further in production of this app/product. Please leave your opinion and If you have any Ideas feel free to post that also.
    Theres a few Bluetooth modules that can be installed and hooked up to your cars locking system and security system that could be modified a little and create on-screen buttons in the app to control each function like lock or unlock, set alarm, pop trunk,etc. some of the Bluetooth technology for example is the ECKey Bluetooth locking system, Scytek Precision Blue1000. To answer some people, not anyone could unlock ur car w/ a phone, u have to hold a button down on the module installed in the car and then set ur phone to pair, so basically someone would have to break into your car and get to the module and do that. The ECKey locking system lets you set a password to activate the system so thats another way it would prevent anyone from being able to unlock your car, and some modules that ive researched can also be hooked up to ur current security system so when it locks it sets ur alarm and unlock to de-activate security system. Been trying to think of other ideas that could work w/ an app like this like if somehow if someone tries break in your car that it would notify you via ur cell phone,like send you a txt msg or makes ur phone vibrate, or some how have ur car hooked up w/ a car locator like that parental thing so they know where there car is when there teen is using it but have this oriented w/ like google maps so that if someone steals ur car that u could locate it by using some interface using Googlemaps. Those are just a few of my ideas but would take a long time to do all this.
    I've been working on this app for a while which would let you Unlock/Lock your car,set your cars alarm,start your car w/ remote start, and pop your trunk,using bluetooth technology and can be controlled all from your smartphone. I'm wanting to get peoples opinion if they would like to see this app/product on the market and would be interested in buying this product before I go any further in production of this app/product. Please leave your opinion and If you have any Ideas feel free to post that also.
    Last edited by djfubar; 09-14-2009 at 01:35 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to djfubar For This Useful Post:

Riviera (09-14-2009)

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Sounds cool. But what would be required in the vehicle for it to work.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

I would love it, especially if it would work on multiple cars too. I have so many remotes now that this would be great for me. I would buy it for sure.

Thanks

^Lol. Must sux having all those cars

Ive seen this same exact thing done before on a Winmobile device - I dont think it was ever released but I remember seeing a vid on it.

Thanks

^Dude, you just don't know the burden it carries.
    Ditto, heard of that also. I read something recently about an app like this for the iPhone, perhaps the same Dev. Hope it works.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This would be the cooolest app ever but what's to stop it from unlocking Radom peoples cars? Or other people unlocking your car?
    How would car companies feel about this. Not so good I'm assuming

Thanks

I would imagine since it would run on bluetooth, you would have to "pair" to the car like you do a bluetooth headset....obviously not just anyone could walk up and unlock your car door. (Of course who's gonna walk around trying to find a car that happens to have this installed).

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a 96 Audi. I don't have bluetooth in my car lol.
    No what I'm saying is let's I'm in a parkig garage. And this app is reall. First off just about everyone would buy this app because it would be amazing. Secondly millllllions of people have iPhone. It would be no coincidence that the person next to your car had an iPhone with said app. It's a possibilty.

Thanks

I agree with that.

But at the same time, Im sure you would have to "pair" the app with your vehicle......so no, it wouldnt work on anybody's else's even if they were right next to you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks

I would expect that it would have a blue tooth devise/module that interfaced with the alarm system to work.

Thanks

I need one that will work w/ a Viper remote start/alarm system

Thanks

^ I'll tell Santa. ((you better be good))

iPhone? More like MyPhone JustinPizzle's Avatar
    Thanks

well, just because its not paired doesn't mean it cant be forced.
    anything is possible, with a little smarts and work

isnt bluetooth like the least secure connection ever? lol
    If i helped you, clicking thanks would be nice

Thanks

^Prolly about as easy to do that as say.....

Someone taking a coat hanger and popping your door open in about 3 seconds....then stealing your car. I mean, if its gonna happen, its gonna happen.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

This would be sick...my BMW has keyless entry already and is push start but it would be cool if I could ditch the key and my phone became the key
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude ... this would be the coolest app.
    I don't care how much it costs, I'll buy it.
    Please make sure it works with Lexus.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JustinPizzle's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^Prolly about as easy to do that as say.....

Someone taking a coat hanger and popping your door open in about 3 seconds....then stealing your car. I mean, if its gonna happen, its gonna happen.
    excellent point lol
    If i helped you, clicking thanks would be nice

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to figure out how to store, to the phone, the signal that your keyless remote emits.

Example(yes, I have tried this):

Use your cellphone to call your better half on their cellphone. While in call, hold your phone facing your car door and have your better half point and activate the keyless remote into their phone. It will unlock your car door through your phone remotely no matter how far you are from the other cellphone that is transmitting the unlock signal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Theres a few Bluetooth modules that can be installed and hooked up to your cars locking system and security system that could be modified a little and create on-screen buttons in the app to control each function like lock or unlock, set alarm, pop trunk,etc. some of the Bluetooth technology for example is the ECKey Bluetooth locking system, Scytek Precision Blue1000. To answer some people, not anyone could unlock ur car w/ a phone, u have to hold a button down on the module installed in the car and then set ur phone to pair, so basically someone would have to break into your car and get to the module and do that. The ECKey locking system lets you set a password to activate the system so thats another way it would prevent anyone from being able to unlock your car, and some modules that ive researched can also be hooked up to ur current security system so when it locks it sets ur alarm and unlock to de-activate security system. Been trying to think of other ideas that could work w/ an app like this like if somehow if someone tries break in your car that it would notify you via ur cell phone,like send you a txt msg or makes ur phone vibrate, or some how have ur car hooked up w/ a car locator like that parental thing so they know where there car is when there teen is using it but have this oriented w/ like google maps so that if someone steals ur car that u could locate it by using some interface using Googlemaps. Those are just a few of my ideas but would take a long time to do all this.