Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Car Keyless entry App

Thanks

You could use a variation on the GM On-Star system. But your car would need cellular access (like On-Star) They remotely unlock / start / kill / detect entry all the time via cell.

p.s. cpjr, Viper systems are the shiz. I have one in my new Acura. Starting your car from a mile away... nice.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    p.s. cpjr, Viper systems are the shiz. I have one in my new Acura. Starting your car from a mile away... nice.
    I loves mine. I installed (and I mean I did, its a beotch) the Responder LE when it first came out.....now I want to try the new LC3.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    You need to figure out how to store, to the phone, the signal that your keyless remote emits.

Example(yes, I have tried this):

Use your cellphone to call your better half on their cellphone. While in call, hold your phone facing your car door and have your better half point and activate the keyless remote into their phone. It will unlock your car door through your phone remotely no matter how far you are from the other cellphone that is transmitting the unlock signal.
    Huh, I gotta try that.
    Last edited by cpjr; 09-14-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 10,206 Times in 6,212 Posts

Use your cellphone to call your better half on their cellphone. While in call, hold your phone facing your car door and have your better half point and activate the keyless remote into their phone. It will unlock your car door through your phone remotely no matter how far you are from the other cellphone that is transmitting the unlock signal.
    I actually saw that on our TV news channel here a couple months ago. and yes it works.

im gonna need this to work on my Lambo, and im gonna need a Lambo to go with this ;-)

Mythbusters did a thing on this on the webcast. If you grab the discovery app you can check their channel to see it. The couple times that I tried this back in the day it never worked.

Some of the new cars, like 09 Nissan Altima, have it where you don't have to take your keys out ever. If they are in proximity you can walk up and hit a small black button to unlock the car. And then you can just push start it. It is close range, my gf had the keys in her purse and she was getting in the passenger door and the unlock button did not work on my side; she had to hit the button on her side.

Thanks

Sounds like a great idea. I have remote start that also unlocks and locks my car on the keychain. My iphone is with me at all times so a perfecr app and worthy.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I actually saw that on our TV news channel here a couple months ago. and yes it works.
    Comon guys, stop spreading this silly rumor around by claiming you've tried it. It's not technologically possible using any common cell phones or keyless entry systems. snopes.com: Cell Phone Unlocks Keyless Cars

And yes, I would purchase the module and install it in my car if this app were to come around. I wouldn't pay any price, but a reasonable price, of course. You should check to see if you can integrate with the company that makes the OBDII-based monitoring software for the iPhone. They have a hardware addon already on the market, along with the app.

I'd buy it for sure.

It would probably be some stupid price though

Would be cool as an app. but not if you have to install something on your car.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    sounds really cool, but the only problem i see is that people will have to have after market security systems in their cars to make this work and i am pretty sure their isnt a huge market for that nor do alot of people have it installed. but it is a fantastic idea nonetheless

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Z6joker9:

It does work. I have done it on my Armada. So, try it before you buy it

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Thats it....Im giving it a try this weekend, gotta program a new remote to my fiance's suv anyways (somehow they always seem to disappear).

Thanks

It doesn't work. We tried this at my work last year when it first was talked about. We tried 6 different cars, different phone and everything.. Didn't work.

I'd buy the app as long as it was secure....easy.....and not 299.99 in the app store

Its a fantastic idea. But iphone's bluetooth is limited. Unless you gonna make this app for cydia!
    iPhone 4 32GB. Jailbroken!

Default Bluetooth car keyless entry app
    That would be awesome! I've allways wanted that. I don't ever leave the house without my iphone.
    I would buy the Scytek Precision Blue1000, it looks like it's less expensive. Can you post some screen shots of what you have so far?
    Have you actually used the iphone with one of two two units you mentioned?

Default Prautogy HALO - iPhone Automotive Convergence

Seems like a nice system, but the Viper system is cheaper and they are a well known name in auto security. I can't imagine paying more for a similar product from someone I've never heard of.

Their system is very nice for the limited basic vehicle functions it can control.

Our HALO system is geared more towards a user that wants to "show off" a bit more- more outputs for more functions, and a UI that is fun to play with.

The HALO Bluetooth interface also doesn't come with a monthly charge for usage.

Our basic system starts out at a lower price than theirs as well- it's only when adding all of the "bells and whistles" that you surpass their retail price.

Thanks for taking a look at the site, though- there's bound to be other systems on the market, and I'm sure we'll all find our customer base.

-Phil at Prautogy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast