Closed Thread

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FieldRunners cheating requirements:

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
just want to know do i need to jailbreak my 3GS if I want to cheat Fieldrunners? can i cheat this game WITHOUT jailbreak my phone? and HOW? many thx.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default FieldRunners cheating requirements:
    just want to know do i need to jailbreak my 3GS if I want to cheat Fieldrunners? can i cheat this game WITHOUT jailbreak my phone? and HOW? many thx.

Furthermore, I saw many people mentioned SSH, iphonebrowser, Cydia etc. what does these third party apps related to cheating field runners? thx

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Ssh allows you to access your iPhones filesystem- ALL OF IT. You can't do this without jailbreak. To cheat in firldrunners you access a file that tells the game how much starting Money you get something and change it. This can't be done without jailbreak.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    Ssh allows you to access your iPhones filesystem- ALL OF IT. You can't do this without jailbreak. To cheat in firldrunners you access a file that tells the game how much starting Money you get something and change it. This can't be done without jailbreak.
    Thank you. Sighing~~~~~what about if I used iphone browser? do i still need to jailbreak it? or any third party apps (that can cheating on fieldrunners) which has the same functions all requires Jailbreak?

Thanks

What folders can u see in the program? I'll test the program and see if it can do that. Could u post a screenshot or something?

Thanks

does your home screen in iphone browser look like this? if it does, navigate to "var" then "mobile" then "applications" (/var/mobile/applications)
    then scroll down to the folder named "CEFC24E5-7E54-434A-933F-CC8EA952314F"
    this should have the fieldrunners data in it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FieldRunners cheating requirements:-iphone-browser.png  

Green Apple
    Thanks

What folders can u see in the program? I'll test the program and see if it can do that. Could u post a screenshot or something?
    nonono, I havent try it yet and I don't even know how to do such a technical things, but my friend does. I will ask my friend to cheat the game for me. but the FIRST THING i wanna make sure is that: is there any other ways I can cheat the game WITHOUT JB? (iphone browser etc.)

Thank you.

does your home screen in iphone browser look like this? if it does, navigate to "var" then "mobile" then "applications" (/var/mobile/applications)
    thanx for the screenshot.I don;t know yet, but can my 3gs runs iphone browser without JB?
    Last edited by XFRX; 08-26-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I am pretty sure that if you can even get to the files I have on the screenshot, then it will work with your non jailbroken iPod. It isn't that hard to jailbreak though. You just run a program that is like an installer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am pretty sure that if you can even get to the files I have on the screenshot, then it will work with your non jailbroken iPod. It isn't that hard to jailbreak though. You just run a program that is like an installer.
    Thanks, so do u think it is possible to get to the files WITHOUT JB?

besides, thats nothing related to hard or not on JB, just worry about the risk...

Hi, according to other ip forums saids, i can use editPlus to cheat the game without JB, is that right?

hey, I find a useful link: Usage - iphonebrowser - iPhoneBrowser Usage and Guidelines - Project Hosting on Google Code

it says:"You can use it with or without jailbreaking your phone" under the CONNECTING YOUR IPHONE.

so it that means i can use the browser to cheat my FR without JB?
    Last edited by XFRX; 08-27-2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

The only thing jailbreak does is void your warranty, but only if it is still jailbroken when u take it to apple. (u can unjailbreak) also, from what u said most programs like iPhone browser should work then

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You can't cheat without Jailbreaking. There ya go, that is the final answer.

Thanks

Why? The files are right there in the browse can't he just edit them?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why? The files are right there in the browse can't he just edit them?
    You need to have OpenSSH installed on your phone for WinSCP, iPhoneBrowser, Cyberduck etc etc to work. You can't have openSSH if its not jailbroken.

Thanks

I had ssh off when I tested it though and wifi was also off. I hooked it to my computer with USB. Also, read xfrx's last post.
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 08-28-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The only thing jailbreak does is void your warranty, but only if it is still jailbroken when u take it to apple. (u can unjailbreak) also, from what u said most programs like iPhone browser should work then

thats what i worried about...

besides, OMG~ some body saids that iphone browser has responses when u plug ur iphone into iphone browser, but nevertheless that doesn't means u can modify the file through the software...what the hell..........

Quote Originally Posted by jtrawinski View Post
    You need to have OpenSSH installed on your phone for WinSCP, iPhoneBrowser, Cyberduck etc etc to work. You can't have openSSH if its not jailbroken.
    it seems cheating iphone games without JB likes opening a pandora's box..........
    Last edited by XFRX; 08-28-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Just jailbreak it. These phones are practically worthless unless they're jailbroken. It's completely reversible and takes about 10 minutes.
    what about if apple has the next update for iphone, say for 3.20 etc? if i JB it, and can i still update it to the latest ver. like 3.2?

Thanks

Yes! Why wouldn't u be able to. The only problem is updating usually removes the jailbreak so u have to wait until someone releases a jailbreak for the software u updated to. Like I said the only thing jailbreak does that Is bad is it voids ur warranty

But u can unjailbreak so Apple doesn't usually find out
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 08-30-2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes! Why wouldn't u be able to. The only problem is updating usually removes the jailbreak so u have to wait until someone releases a jailbreak for the software u updated to. Like I said the only thing jailbreak does that Is bad is it voids ur warranty

But u can unjailbreak so Apple doesn't usually find out
    Thank you. I still have one more concerned: what about if you jb it, and download many paid apps (u have to pay it when did not ib) , and afterwards update to the latest firmware. WILL THE LATEST FIRMWARE BAN YOUR phones or games etc due to the firmware automatically recognised your JB phone like XBOX360???

Besides, lets return to our FieldRunner topics, if I modified some of the FR files for the purpose of cheating the game. And afterwards UNjailBreak my phone or update to the latest firmward (say for 3.2X). Just want to know what will happen to my FR game? the modified files will be erase or overlap? or still no change?

PS: cos many forums said that the FR game will be either crashed or too lag to play after cheating the game...

PS2: even if i decide to jb my phone, there are still too many jb softwares in nowadays... which one is more reliable and convenient and safety (SSH? winscp? or others?)? which one u recommend?

PS3: sorry, i'm totally new in JB.

Thanks.
    Last edited by XFRX; 08-30-2009 at 11:39 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

This isn't going to be a "answer all my insecurities because I can't google" thread but I'll humor you before I close it. Seriously, spend an hour or less browing this forum, any and all your questions will be answered. The ones that aren't you can almost certainly google (which will probably lead to a link from this forum to begin with).

1. Updating firmware will not ban your phone, ever. It will just get rid of any/all jailbroken stuff. Jailbreaking does not affect paid apps / itunes in any way, shape, or form.

2. If you unjailbreak and restore to the latest firmware, you will lose any modified information on apps.

3. Modifying core files of an application might make it more unstable? You don't say!

4. This forum is ALL ABOUT JAILBREAKING. It's easy to find out which are the good jailbroken apps.

5. Being new doesn't excuse you to ask every stupid question. Spend some time researching and less time others will do it for you.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 08-31-2009 at 09:06 AM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

ddonuts4 (08-31-2009), XFRX (08-31-2009)