Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
08-21-2009, 03:57 PM #1How to get facebook push notifications
I started doing this yesterday and it works really well.
1. Install textfree or textfree lite, make sure you turn on push notifications for them.
2. Register for an @textfree.us account(in textfree's settings)
3. Change your email in facebook to the @textfree.us account on facebooks main settings page.
4. You should get a push notification telling you to confirm your email address. go to the web address in the message to confirm it.
5. In facebook click change contact email and change it to the @textfree.us email. Your email notiications are now sent to textfree and you will get push notifications whenever you receive one.
The Following User Says Thank You to ddonuts4 For This Useful Post:
08-21-2009, 04:28 PM #2
Good boy. That's handy I'll be sure to thank u wen I log in on my mac
Can't find lite version. Will this work for uk?
Last edited by se23; 08-21-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
08-21-2009, 04:49 PM #3
not sure if it works for U. K. Why wouldn't it though? I'll try to find a link to the lite version so you can test it.
iTunes Store- textfree lite
Last edited by ddonuts4; 08-21-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
08-21-2009, 05:53 PM #4
It says request can't be completed on my iPhone. I'll change my country on my laptop to get it. I'll have to double thank you now.
Yep did it and got my mate to send message...... it was instant. Thanks brother
Last edited by se23; 08-21-2009 at 06:33 PM.
08-25-2009, 05:39 PM #5
Lol by the time facebook 3.0 is accepted by apple, facebook 3.1 will probably be finished.
Last edited by ddonuts4; 08-26-2009 at 12:52 PM.
08-26-2009, 12:16 PM #6
08-26-2009, 12:49 PM #7
Omg I need to edit my confusing post
08-26-2009, 08:38 PM #8
08-27-2009, 09:56 PM #9
Or you can just Sing up for Facebook SMS alerts and thats like Push notifications right on your iphone. It does not work with iPhones but if you take your sim card and put it on another phone and send the text message to FB then wait for the confirmatin code and thats it, just put the sim card back on the iphone and put the confirmation code on facebook and thats it!
08-28-2009, 09:59 AM #10
Sounds good, but it doesn't work for the iPod touches.