Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The App Store- The Good, The Bad, and The Trials

Default The App Store- The Good, The Bad, and The Trials
    This thread was created to stray away from the off topic discussions on other threads pertaining to, put not limited to the App Store, Bad Apps, good Apps, and new ways that Apple should implement a way for users to try apps before actually purchasing them.

We have all purchased numerous apps just to find out they are garbage or we only use them a few times, and then continue to purchase more apps to find something we will have use for.

If you have anything to share please do it here and not on other threads that have nothing to do with the App Store.

***NO WAREZ DISCUSSION OF ANY KIND PLEASE***
    People who can not follow this rule will be told off by the ones who do follow
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Gr8 lol however I just like using cydia & the free apps from AppStore lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

To recap some of the discussion points in the other threads:
    - One of the reasons some people jailbreak is to use cracked software to do trials.
    - The present Applestore system does not allow full feature free trials.
    - Often, it is impossible to find out enough about the software without a trial.
    - Many users are currently paying to do trials. Some people find that only a small portion of the actual purchase end up with software that they would eventually use, while majority are discarded after the paid trials. This is unfair to the customers. If this unfairness is not addressed in the future, there will always be incentive for some to jailbreak in order to enjoy free trials with cracked software.

While addressing the issue of free trial would not completely remove the incentives for jailbreaking (we also want the ability to do background processing for example), it would no doubt remove the incentive for many.

It is our hope that applestore will understand this, and make a real effort to reform the present system of not allowing free trials, and remove the unfair/expensive paid trials system. Perhaps a 7 days or even 3 days of free trials should be introduced in the future.

If I have missed out some of the points, please feel free to list them.

Cheers.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 08-04-2009 at 11:33 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to eaglesteve For This Useful Post:

Melech518 (08-04-2009)

Some clarity on the Apple Store Refund Policy:
    Apparently, if iPhone users decide that they want a refund for an app (users can get a refund within 90 days, according to Apple policy), Apple requires that developers give back the money they received from the sale. But here’s the kicker—Apple will refund the full amount to the user and says that it has the right to keep its commission. So the developer not only has to return the money for the sale, but also has to reimburse Apple for its commission. Apple charges a 30% commission on all paid apps sold through the App Store. So basically, developers get 70% of a given sale but if the end-user wants a refund, the developer has to pay Apple 100% of the sale.
    Source:Apple’s iPhone App Refund Policies Could Bankrupt Developers

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Cydia Is Best . For Free Apps App Store

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Great thread idea! So fighters take your corners. lol

I figured we can all fight in one thread now instead me having to jump all over the board

Thanks

omg apple's such a jerk.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

lol +1

Thanks

I like apple

So lets hear some ideas about the AppStore

I am all about every app having a video demo

I like apple
    I actually do too. But, their refund policy is some bull...they are really sticking it to the devs

Thanks

Yeah, I like Apple, they put out some awesome products, but their return policy - seriously?!?!
    I think an app should come with a 3 day trial or a 3-play trial like most downloadable computer games do.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Anyone knows exactly how we can go about getting a refund? Is that through iTune? If so, where is the link?

Thanks

I will look but I thought its at the bottom of the itunes store page

You have to run into cupertino guns blazing

Thanks

I'll be looking for you on the news

For the record I am not planning on doing any such thing ever, IT WAS A JOKE APPLE!!!!

phew, I am safe now

Thanks

hahaha.. it's apple, you're never safe.