+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any apps that would let you chat with another specific iPhone user?

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I am looking for a *preferably free* app that would allow one to chat with another specific person who owns an iPhone over 3g or wifi. I am not llookong
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Any apps that would let you chat with another specific iPhone user?
    I am looking for a *preferably free* app that would allow one to chat with another specific person who owns an iPhone over 3g or wifi. I am not llookong for an app that allows you to chat over Aim or facebook chat, nor an app that links you to other random iPhone users. Rather an app that two iPhone owners can download and use to chat with eachother over. Are there any apps that fit this description? Thanks so much in advance as this is very important.

Ps. Voice chat apps.. Do those exist too?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Only thing I have seen thats not like AIM, etc.....would be an app in the appstore (sorry cant remember the name) but it allows 2 iphone people to chat over BLUETOOTH. So like in an office environment. I think its called BlueChat but I cant remember. And im not sure if its free or not.

Why not just use an instant messenger?
    Last edited by cpjr; 07-26-2009 at 09:43 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How about Skype?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Alright. Based on everything you described (besides blatantly saying no AIM) the app you want is aim or any other instant messaging client. You and another person on an iPhone download it. Its free (aim free). Create a separate AIM account just for you and this other person. You're either looking for that or email. Honestly I believe what you're looking for is right under your nose...I don't think singleiphoneuserchat.app is coming, cause it already exists in many different variations.

Thanks

What about PushToTalk, basically like having a walkie talkie each i guess, its in the appstore for a dollar i think.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Without going into detail, the situation I'm in is one in which someone else is no longer allowed to use the phone or text, or aim, or facebook, or many other commonly used services. Yet, this someone does have apps like Twitter, which isn't exactly practical for a long or private conversation. It is not totally impossible but unlikely that she can pay for any apps or services. Is there any voice chat apps that one can have a phone like conversation over wifi between two iPhones, but doesn't cost money like voip apps? Also, besides the cost of voip apps, they connect you to another phoneline, which is not helpful. I need something that can communicate between the applications themselves, unless there is a voip app that can be used for free
    once again, thanks so much for all the help

Green Apple
    Thanks

A much better description of the situation, might I say.

Skype is a solution (based on what I can tell) to your problem

Each iPhone user can set up a skype account. Download skype (free) to your iphones. Add each other to your buddy lists. Call that user for freeee. Skype only costs money (credits) when you call a cellphone or landline, not when calling other skype users. You can use this over wifi...and if you use VoipOver3g, you can use it over 3g/Edge

8. The Following User Says Thank You to truncj For This Useful Post:

mrrom92 (07-27-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thank you so much truncj, you may have just saved our relationship! I'll give this a shot