Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upload videos to face book with regular iphone 3g

Default upload videos to face book with regular iphone 3g
    there is a new app that will allow an iphone 3gs to upload videos to facebook. Not having an Iphone 3gs i am not familiar with the directory structure of the 3gs. can you record with the cycoder app in cydia and then transfer with ifile into some folders that would resemble the 3gs structure to make the new facebook videoup app work for the 3g???

i tried it on my 3G and it does not work.when you press the button to upload a video it doesn't do anything.

Default ohhhh
    thanx man. i was wondering it seemed easy enough. maybe the devs can work out a patch to work around it?? devs if your listening?! please

PPVideo enabler might work, It creates a shortcut to your cycorder videos inside the DCIM folder.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zym5 For This Useful Post:

techierob (01-20-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone 3GS can do this thing as it has the video compatibility. Nice to have the 3GS I can upload videos from my phone, no need to turn on the computer for uploading in Facebook.

Oh that's a shame. On an app I just downloaded it said it was compatible for 3gs, GPRS, Edge and all that - didn't mention it wouldn't work for the older iPhone version.

I was annoyed about that, because sometimes you can buy this things and find out they don't work, just because it wasn't explained properly.

It was only when I read here (by which time it was too late as I'd already bought the app) that I realised all these Video Uploads to Facebook are only compatable with the current 3GS iPhone model.

I hope there is an app that is suitable for all phones. Even though I don't have an actual camera on mine, I managed to purchase an app that was a video maker for my iPhone 3G. Which I was chuffed about - the only thing is I have to connect to a pc to upload them, when really I wish it was more mobile than that. Especially if I'm not at home. Oh well, perhaps there will be something in the future if the demand is big enough, but that is doubtful as they're making newer models all the time, without really thinking about the people who've paid good money for the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zym5 View Post
    PPVideo enabler might work, It creates a shortcut to your cycorder videos inside the DCIM folder.
    I couldn't figure out why mine was in the DCIM folder and my friends was not.. It was driving me crazy! I install shiaat all the time that sounds good so I couldn't trace what made mine work right. everyone with Cycorder install PPVideo...