+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Live cams application

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Just purchased the IC live cams app. Very interesting to watch public cams around the world. Hopefully, the frame rate will increase in time. Question. Who has setup their own
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Live cams application
    Just purchased the IC live cams app. Very interesting to watch public cams around the world. Hopefully, the frame rate will increase in time.

Question. Who has setup their own personal cam? What cam did you purchase. Setup looks complicated, but it would be great to view your home or office from your phone.
    LEGAL

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LEGAL For This Useful Post:

spongebobiwan (07-05-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL Thanks for the heads up on this app. I wasn't aware this was available on the app store. I just got it and it's really quite a lot of fun.

Regarding setting up one's own cam, I agree. I haven't done it (obviously, as I just now downloaded the app), but with just having taken a quick scan so far, I haven't a clue yet as to how to go about setting that up.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spongebobiwan For This Useful Post:

LEGAL (07-05-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    LOL Thanks for the heads up on this app. I wasn't aware this was available on the app store. I just got it and it's really quite a lot of fun.

Regarding setting up one's own cam, I agree. I haven't done it (obviously, as I just now downloaded the app), but with just having taken a quick scan so far, I haven't a clue yet as to how to go about setting that up.
    Thanks, yeah 2000 cams will be added in three weeks and .99cents, not so bad.

I went to microcenter and looked at a few cams. It was amazing to see the variety. They had teddy bears with the cam in the nose, alarm clocks anything you could imagine.

I tried to search for info on cams that work and no go. although he does list supported cams on the app.

Pretty cool......
    LEGAL

Thanks

i love this app

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you can get icam in the app store very easy to set up view any room in your house from your iphone on wi fi 3g or edge

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper833 View Post
    you can get icam in the app store very easy to set up view any room in your house from your iphone on wi fi 3g or edge
    What cam did you end up buying?

Setup that wasy? Maybe a little detail?
    LEGAL

Thanks

Anyone ever use Bambuser (cydia)
    It turns your iphone into a live cam w/sound. I love it. Works great.
    My kids get to see me while I'm away on trips, very cool app and all free.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Anyone ever use Bambuser (cydia)
    It turns your iphone into a live cam w/sound. I love it. Works great.
    My kids get to see me while I'm away on trips, very cool app and all free.
    How does this work. The phone obviously picks up video and sound but where are they able to see you and how?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    How does this work. The phone obviously picks up video and sound but where are they able to see you and how?
    Ok, I just bought ($99) a Dlink cam DCS 920. The info I am going to give you will make it a breeze to setup.

Just configure the cam as per the cd. During that process, make sure you setup a static ip address so it doesnt change every time you boot up. The setup will give you an ip address for the cam.

I simply went into my personal cams on the live cam app and entered the ip address and admin name and voila, was watching my home live on my iphone. Very cool.

The only thing I have to figure out is increasing frame rate as its slow now. Other than that it rocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper833 View Post
    You should realize that on 3g or edge you just get snapshots. Wifi gives you a live streaming video.
    Last edited by LEGAL; 07-12-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LEGAL

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

for money eyecam 4.99 works as good as more expensive apps ic pro vision works very well at 19.99

ihave 2 cams setup

1st a cheap villar ipcam hard wired to my network works great pan tilt and impressive night vision bizrate search found for 89.00

2nd a trendnet 400 model at 250.00 pan tilt wireless 2 way sound and night vision.

your frame rate is greater when you are on local network it will drop when viewing from the internet the 3gs works best for viewing 3g works but a bit slower ditto gor 2g i have all 3 iphones
    SkiHound ,,, Loves his Iphone,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought this,
    [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-IP-Video-Server-Camera/dp/tech-data/B000G7P71Y/ref=de_a_smtd]Twin port USB IP Video Web Server with Pan: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

Cant get it to work, anyone got the same one working?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    You can watch you video live from bambuser's website (free) http://bambuser.com/
    Just give out your name or name of the video to your friends or they can search for it. Works great. I use it from work so the kids can see ehat I do everyday and I have used it from football games and parties.

There is also a chat funtion that lets the iphone holder see what people are saying / asking on the website. Works great!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    You can watch you video live from bambuser's website (free) Bambuser | Live from your mobile!
    Just give out your name or name of the video to your friends or they can search for it. Works great. I use it from work so the kids can see ehat I do everyday and I have used it from football games and parties.

There is also a chat funtion that lets the iphone holder see what people are saying / asking on the website. Works great!
    It has about a 20 second lag on 3G. Pretty cool though.

Thanks

hmmm.. My lag is only about 5 seconds. I guess it depends on your connection quality/speed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Bambuser is thru cydia only.

What kind of frame rates are you guys getting?

I just adjusted the settings in my router to dedicate more bandwith to the cam but its still slow. Is frame rate mostly a function of the router?

I am using port 80. Are there any other router settings advise?
    LEGAL