Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ADMINS - add ModMyi to the vBulletin app Tapatalk

Stealth, what are you talking about - there's over 2000 forums enabled on taptalk.

Cpjr- it carries the same risks as the desktop version... FileS can additionally be limited to .png, .jpg, .deb...

Even with just the image upload feature you can imagine how much functionality will explode for iPhone users. I am dying for that ability.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

There is one huge reason why I don't see forum owners using it.

What is it? Does it cost them extra? Just seems logical to increase functionality to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Yeah it leaves the site WAY to open, huge security risk.
    Yep there are many 3rd party serverside scripts involved which is a security risk. The loss of branding for our website is another issue for me. The biggest issue I see with why site owners would not like it, is a loss of ad revenue.

Have you voiced this at all with vB; or are you just critiquing from afar, not interested in advancement and improvement?

Thanks

Take away the security risk and you still have two very big issues for site owners

Have you approached vB with any proposals for improvement?

Thanks

I'm not the owner of this site. But I doubt our owners would see the need to bend over backwards to add a feature of mobile browsing that we already have. I like the added features of tapatalk but I just don't see it happening.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Yeah this site is VERY expensive to run and free to you all, the ads support it. + tapatalk = - ads. We obviously wouldnt hinder positive progress or additions to the site, if we are against something I can promise you its for a reason, that if you dont run a forum, you dont understand.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

just be patient, you wont get us on tapatalk, you might get something cooler, if you're good

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

Halten77 (07-19-2010), thetoothfairy (05-24-2011)

Thanks

ha

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, now I'm a little confused. Two or three times now while using my laptop on this site, a box has come up saying modmyi was already on tapatalk and I should get it.... I almost bought the app just for this. Is it not actually on it then??

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeynice View Post
    Okay, now I'm a little confused. Two or three times now while using my laptop on this site, a box has come up saying modmyi was already on tapatalk and I should get it.... I almost bought the app just for this. Is it not actually on it then??
    its not, that popup shouldnt have popped up, and now doesnt pop up, whenever we do something cool, there will be a new popup, and you should believe it

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

joeynice (07-03-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a cool idea, but yet it is 100% up to the guys who run the forum to give a thumbs up or down on doing this... Just do what I did (which is simple) go to modmyi in safari and add it as a bookmark your homescreen OR go to the app store an download the app "Pulse" which is an excellent all in one rss/feed/news aggregate for your reading pleasure in which you can add Any site/source you want....see the screen shot below

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    It's a cool idea, but yet it is 100% up to the guys who run the forum to give a thumbs up or down on doing this... Just do what I did (which is simple) go to modmyi in safari and add it as a bookmark your homescreen OR go to the app store an download the app "Pulse" which is an excellent all in one rss/feed/news aggregate for your reading pleasure in which you can add Any site/source you want....see the screen shot below
    wilbourn, can u click on the article and veiw the whole thing, and possibly comment?

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sgt.pepper View Post
    wilbourn, can u click on the article and veiw the whole thing, and possibly comment?
    If you tap on the article it will open so you can read it in the app, but you can't comment on MMi posts that I'm aware of. But as far as the feeds go, you can swipe to the left and it will show the next three feeds and has up to nine feeds per section at a time and you can hit the refresh button to bring up new feeds which refreshes for all sources.

Just found out how to post within the pulse app... When you tap on the article, you then tap on the blue box with the title and it will then open up the full article within pulse... Log in at the bottom and you can then post your reply...
    Last edited by Wilbourn; 07-05-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    If you tap on the article it will open so you can read it in the app, but you can't comment on MMi posts that I'm aware of. But as far as the feeds go, you can swipe to the left and it will show the next three feeds and has up to nine feeds per section at a time and you can hit the refresh button to bring up new feeds which refreshes for all sources.

Just found out how to post within the pulse app... When you tap on the article, you then tap on the blue box with the title and it will then open up the full article within pulse... Log in at the bottom and you can then post your reply...
    thats awesome im sure gonna check that out. thanks!

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Yep there are many 3rd party serverside scripts involved which is a security risk. The loss of branding for our website is another issue for me. The biggest issue I see with why site owners would not like it, is a loss of ad revenue.
    well, most people, especially those browsing a "hacking" forum, will already have a form of an adblock addon installed.

tapatalk is great, I've been browsing hackint0sh forums with it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Overcash View Post
    just be patient, you wont get us on tapatalk, you might get something cooler, if you're good
    OMG... The Official ModMyi App On Cydia/Rock. That would be absolutely PERFECT! Haha! I hope this happens pretty soon Cody! I'll be on my best behavior

There is 1 reason and 1 reason only why the mods won't implement this, and it has NOTHING to do with ads or not getting approved because it's a hacking site..

They won't implement it because they have their own app, and want us to use that.. Pretty selfish if you as me.. I like having all my forums in one place.. But if I want modmyi I have to have a separate app.. Lame

I for one will protest by NOT using the modmyi app..

Oh btw.. The modmyi app just ripped the tapatalk layout, so it's basically the same thing, except I can only use modmyi in the app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast