NEW FOR iPHONE OS 3.0: Bluetooth Peer-to-Peer Networking
This works on the iPod touch 2nd gen, iPhone 3G, and the iPhone 3G S.
For best results, follow these steps if you want to connect using Bluetooth (no access point required!):
* Note: You should follow this procedure on both devices you want to connect. *
1. Launch the Settings app.
2. Tap Wi-Fi, and turn Wi-Fi OFF. (We’ll use Bluetooth instead. On some devices, Wi-Fi can conflict with Bluetooth.)
3. Go back one screen to Settings, and tap General.
4. Tap Bluetooth, and turn Bluetooth ON.
5. Press the Home button to quit Settings, and launch your app.
6. Wait until BOTH devices see each other in their own list.
7. On ONE of the devices, tap the name of the other device.
8. Wait up to 30-60 seconds. The first resolve takes the longest; if you disconnect and reconnect after this, it should be much faster. This is a hardware/OS limitation.
That’s it! Enjoy playing together over Bluetooth peer-to-peer.