+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Beejive IM for 3.0: Issues

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Yep, same here, the 2G isn't getting the Pushes, however the 3G is working flawlessly. However, the 2G was unlocked and jailbroken with PwnageTools while the 3G was not unlocked,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yep, same here, the 2G isn't getting the Pushes, however the 3G is working flawlessly. However, the 2G was unlocked and jailbroken with PwnageTools while the 3G was not unlocked, only jailbroken with PwnageTools.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbplayer5's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine is working perfectly, but I dont use yahoo so...

oo3
    Thanks

Mine is working just fine. At first push didn't work, but then I guess I kind of jump started it by IM'ing someone and having them respond, then exit the application and it worked.

Push is freaking awesome. And about time too.

Thanks

Can you guys find out exactly how long you can be out of the app before it disconnects you from AIM?

I read a review and it said after a certain amount of time it logs you out automatically, push or not.

This length of time is very important to me... I hope its not something stupid like auto-logout after 10 minutes of not being in the app.

If someone could provide this info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

@oo3

is ur phone jailbroken or unlocked?

@azlum

go to settings and look for automatic logout or something u'll find the settings there, you can set it to a maximum of 12 hours so ur good.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ZIGE For This Useful Post:

Azlum (06-23-2009)

oo3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azlum View Post
    Can you guys find out exactly how long you can be out of the app before it disconnects you from AIM?

I read a review and it said after a certain amount of time it logs you out automatically, push or not.

This length of time is very important to me... I hope its not something stupid like auto-logout after 10 minutes of not being in the app.

If someone could provide this info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    If you go to your Settings.app you can change how long you stay connected for.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oo3 For This Useful Post:

Azlum (06-23-2009)

Thanks

What is the maximum you can set it to?

Edit: whoops didnt see the answer above.

Thanks guys!

Edit again: Ok so I bought it. It's really nice! Everything seems to be working fantastic, including push. And for those that want to know, the maximum time before logout can be set as high as 24 hours... perfect!
    Last edited by Azlum; 06-23-2009 at 11:40 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dhruvmalik's Avatar
    Thanks

The max i believe is 24 hours. But if you open up the app close to 12 hours later, it will reset your session. So basically with the previous versions, i used to never get logged of, I would just open up the app and it would keep me connected until I chose to sign off.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Beejive Push HELP??
    Hey I just upgraded to Beejive 3.0 and It works great!
    My only problem is when I get a push notification the alert pops up but has no vibration/sound at all.

Sounds badges and alerts are enabled for this app

My question is, are there sounds that should play when I get a push notification from Beejive?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Lets do a poll
    How many people actually bough the app Beejive with money and still have problems? because im deciding to buy the app. My only problem is that it takes long to connect.

SO Who Paid for the app and still have problems?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    my aim session signs off after like 30 minutes sometimes and I have it set to 24 hours

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone on a jailbroken unlocked 3G getting push notifications? I'm assuming you activated through PwnageTool or redsn0w

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

It was acting up for me last night when I installed it....but today it has worked flawlessly **knocks on wood**

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    It was acting up for me last night when I installed it....but today it has worked flawlessly **knocks on wood**
    Neat. Are you jb/unlocked on an iPhone 3G? I'm tempted to buy Beejive but I'm not sure if that ish works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaied View Post
    Neat. Are you jb/unlocked on an iPhone 3G? I'm tempted to buy Beejive but I'm not sure if that ish works.
    This is on a clean 3G[s].

Ive got my 3G sitting here but its 2.2.1 and I havent felt like upgrading to 3.0 and having to redo everything and all my theming...LOL.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yea I'm not getting a consensus on Push for an unlocked iPhone 3G. I am positive Push does not work on an unlocked iPhone 2G.

$9.99 would be a throw away but then again maybe the dev team will figure out so I might as well buy it now.

Edit: Just bought it. Push not working so far but could that be because Beejive's servers are slammed?

Edit 2: Naw Push don't work. I'm getting IMs fine when I'm in the program but not outside of it. Notifications and everything are on.

Dev-team has already acknowledged the problem with hacktivated phones and push. I'm guessing hacktivated phones are not getting reg'd on Apple's push servers.
    Last edited by Zaied; 06-23-2009 at 04:27 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Push works through any data, so it worked on unlocked.

Hell, push works on an iPod Touch with Wifi.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Make sure your settings are correct for BeeJive, make sure its not logging you out on exit. The settings are located inside the "settings" app.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

GRRRRRRRRRR Having wayyyy too many problems with Beejive now. I'm getting annoyed. Yeah, push is great, but the app is useless when something is screwing up 1/2 the time.

And now I'm getting duplicate IMs from a lot of my Yahoo buddies.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

looks like its a wide spread problem because it has been pulled from the app store. i jailbroke my phone tonight. after i installed all my apps i noticed that the push toggle in settings was gone. opened up beejive and it was the pre-push version. went to app store and an update wasn't showing up. deleted from my phone and tried to download it again but kept getting the "item is no longer available" message. went to itunes on my MB and its not there anymore.....really hope they get this back up soon.....it was working just fine for me earlier

been one of the rougher JB experiences for me.....pwnage kept giving me errors, had to restore to factory and use redsnow.....then i managed to turn my iphone into an ipod for a bit when i edited the plist for the battery percentage incorrectly....luckily found the correctly modified file here and got that back to normal, only to find this whole beejive issue.....should def. have been in bed hours ago.....i guess starting the whole process at 2am was prob. a bad idea

oh well....good to be jailbroken again after using the betas since april.....stealth, you're the man.