Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sirius XM App is now in the Store.

Thanks

Default Sirius XM App is now in the Store.
    In the iTunes US store but not on iTunes Canada. FML!
    You don't have to lie to kick it.

OMG! WHERE THE "F" are the Stern channels???!?!?!

Thanks for the heads up by the way... it's free, but without howard, it's almost useless

No Stern?!?!?!?!?! Pointless application!! Makes me want to cancel my whole subscription!!!! Why the hell would they release the app without their #1 reason for even having it?!?!?!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

FYI... in order to actually USE this app you have to pay the additional $2.99 per month on your account for internet streaming.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    FYI... in order to actually USE this app you have to pay the additional $2.99 per month on your account for internet streaming.

Basically all the XM or Sirius apps that have come and gone all went off their online music streaming service. So if you already have that activated then it won't cost you anything to run this app. To not confuse anyone, this program doesn't charge anything over what you already pay for online XM and Sirus streaming.

Edit: Nice that this app is free and runs smooth.

I hope iPhone users are calling the Stern show relentlessly, letting them know Howard's channels aren't on this app. Bababooey uses an iPhone, as do Ralph and others. Stern won't be happy with this and I bet it gets corrected soon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good to know at the begging. I was glad about the news of Sirius XM App. I am sure they will do something about it soon. They don't want sad customers now, do they?

I'm trying the trial version right now on unlocked to tmobile on 2.2 edge, and am not receiving calls when the app is on. according to the faq i should be able to still receive calls.
    Anyone know why? or how to fix?
    thanks.

Does anyone know of a direct link to the Sirius App so that Canadians can download it?

If someone could post it that would be great.

I have a U.S. subscription and I'm thinking it would be possible to do a hack install on this app if i just had the app file.

This would also be useful for any other Canadians who would like to try it out with a trial american subscription

just checked and Sirius isn't up on appolus for us Canadians.

By the way, I hope the weather gets a little better here in vic eh.

Quote Originally Posted by chevydude View Post
    I'm trying the trial version right now on unlocked to tmobile on 2.2 edge, and am not receiving calls when the app is on. according to the faq i should be able to still receive calls.
    Anyone know why? or how to fix?
    thanks.
    That is normal. There is on fix that i know of. You can not support both a data connection and voice connection over Edge. Also for some reason, the iphone does not allow calls to break through a data connection.

Try placing a phone call and then opening your web browser or google maps. no data will load until you finish your call.
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You get access to Sirius Internet premium. I signed up for the 7 day trial and am pretty happy but def not worth $12.95 a month for internet radio.