Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 Apps with Push

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah beejive looks so much better. the push notification runs so smooth.

Omg aim is a push just updated it yessss :d
    iPhone 3G OS 3.0 Jailbroken ATT User

Hey, push notifications aren't working for me with AIM and Beejive. Whenever I exit the application, it seems to disconnect, even when I set the application not to log off for 24 hours. I know this because AIM reconnects every time i turn on the application again. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by yahoowizard View Post
    Hey, push notifications aren't working for me with AIM and Beejive. Whenever I exit the application, it seems to disconnect, even when I set the application not to log off for 24 hours. I know this because AIM reconnects every time i turn on the application again. Any ideas?
    Try deleting them completely from phone and itunes and redownload from itunes and sync.

Quote Originally Posted by yahoowizard View Post
    when you go too apps and find aim when you go to verison it shows you thats its for os 3.0 so you know it has push like AP

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This should be made a sticky for those who want to find out what apps have push as they're released.

I found my mistake...Apparently, push doesn't work with unlocked phones or something...there's threads about it in the T-Mobile section

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ It doesn't work with hacktivated phones. If you want it to work you have to activate with an att sim before you jailbreak and unlock.

I have AP News push app but push not working. i have jailbroken my phone but no unlocked. Activated on ATT. Please help!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i dont know if it was already listed but IM+ has push

i know its not an app, but gmail not pushing yet for the same reasons probably; not ready?
    iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 jailbroken

does anyone know when ESPN Alerts is comming out???

Green Apple
    Thanks
    IM+ works great, but doesnt use true push
    Cant wait for facebook 3.0 with push

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ It doesn't work with hacktivated phones. If you want it to work you have to activate with an att sim before you jailbreak and unlock.
    mine works? im using ultrasn0w on 3GS 3.0
    Last edited by lodgechad; 07-06-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by lodgechad View Post

i currently use IM+ i thought it uses true push? it leaves me logged in when i close it and if i come back to my phone and someone has messaged me it lets me know

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lodgechad View Post

it used to not have true push it used emails but now it does and it works fantastic

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iTwitter is a twitter app with push but only updates when you are following someone who tweeted from iTwitter

Prowl just came out and uses push for Growl notifications from your Mac. It's a pretty awesome idea but it's not working for me for some reason.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    trapster just updated its app with push, i havent had a chance to test it though

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    Prowl just came out and uses push for Growl notifications from your Mac. It's a pretty awesome idea but it's not working for me for some reason.
    Just went to their website and saw that "Why the device doesn't register with the Prowl server is currently unknown. It is known, however, that Push does not work with Push on some jailbroken devices. Some users have reported that "re-jailbreaking" fixed the problem. As a hacked platform, we can't easily provide support for something that we ourselves do not use. Your experiences may vary."

I'm to lazy to re-jailbreak. If anyone else has success let me know.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I always love to have apps in mt iPhone specially the newest one. I went to apple store severally ,think I need to go there again to get the listed one.
    mod/edit links removed

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast