Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help with cydia!

Default need help with cydia!
    so, since 11:00AM this morning, i've been trying to find out how to get cydia to ******* work. i upgraded my phone to version 2.2.1 yesterday, if that is of any relevance. anyway, i've been getting all these sources and crap, but i still get all these ******** apps. i'm looking for some games, like finger piano, and some really nice games. can someone guide me step by step in order to get them? i'm getting ******* pissed, it's been a few hours.

Im a little confused what your asking since every sentenced has a word starred out of it, is your problem with sources or intalls, what? Also, keep the profanity to 0%.

my apologies. i was mad that i spent so much time trying to get it to work.

cydia is working fine, but i have no idea how to use it. when i go to sections on the bottom and then games, there are only a few games listed. i know there are much more games, but they are no where to be found. i've installed an abundance of sources, but still i get these no use applications. can you help me get more game applications, for instance the FingerPiano application.
    Last edited by iownstan; 05-25-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok, actually there arent that many games hosted on cydia really. On the home page of cydia if you look there is a link to scroll over to "more repo sources", that lists a bunch you can install.

But for games, 95% of whats out there will be in the Appstore.

And sorry, I've not heard of fingerpiano.

yes, i believe it is in the app store. but i thought that was what cydia was for, to get app-like store apps, for free! correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,486 Times in 6,389 Posts

As cpjr explained, there are a few games in Cydia, but for the most part it's about apps and themes to mod ur J/B phone.

We DONT allow discussion of anything cracked/pirated/warez....at all....ever, period.