Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Simple App Store Question

Default Simple App Store Question
    Alright, i've read through 15 pages of app store question and still can't find an answer (although I think I already know). Here's the scenario: I downloaded an app that was free, then updated to 3.0 beta 3 (fresh not restore), now the app is $.99 (or more). When I re-download the app via the phone not iTunes, will it still be free or do I now have to pay the $.99. I'm not worried about paying .99, but I several apps that were free and now are paid. I still have the free version in iTunes, but i am curious about re-installing them when i'm away from the pc. I expect that I will get the "You have already purchased this app...To download again for free..." message, but just want to make sure. I've seen this question answered about paid app being re-downloaded for free, but never free apps that are changed to paid apps. Thanx in advance.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

As long as you use the same itunes login and password (when it asks while downloading on the phone) you'll be fine, and will get the you already purchased it message.

If you grabbed it when it was free, its linked to your ID now, so your ok. This happened to me with whitenoise. I got it when it was free, and have been updating it ever since. Even on a new phone when my first 3g died and was replaced.
    Last edited by PhoneLine; 04-23-2009 at 10:59 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoneLine For This Useful Post:

boozie (04-23-2009)

Thanx for the quick response. That's what I thought, but some of my free apps are now $.99 to $9.99 and that can ad up quick. I have no problem purchasing apps, but I am glad to see that they don't stick ya once the free apps are paid apps.