+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AutoWiFi updated to 1.0.121 - 3 Promo Codes Available

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Heya modmyi readers, I'm happy to announce an update for AutoWiFi , an app for automatically logging you into public hotspots which require web authentication and which I as able
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default AutoWiFi updated to 1.0.121 - 3 Promo Codes Available
    Heya modmyi readers,

I'm happy to announce an update for AutoWiFi, an app for automatically logging you into public hotspots which require web authentication and which I as able to create thanks to many of you from the forums (many of the beta testers came from the modmyi community - link).

To celebrate I'm giving away 3 promo codes (US App Store only) at random to anyone who posts in this thread in the next 48 hours.

Note also that there is a free version named AutoWiFi Lite in the App Store now so you can try before you buy. If you've tested AutoWiFi before a while ago give the new version a try, I've improved compatibility with many hotspots in the last months.

iTunes link to AutoWiFi: here
    iTunes link to AutoWiFi Lite: here

Screenshot:

Heres the blurb about the app:

"AutoWiFi is an app that automatically connects your iPhone or iPod Touch to your favorite web-authenticated hotspots by saving your username and password and sending it to the hotspot provider when needed. No more remembering retyping your username and password everytime: just launch AutoWiFi and you're connected.

By using a learning system AutoWiFi works with most web authenticated hotspots out of the box so you don't have to send us information on the hotspot for us to add it to a database. Simply launch AutoWiFi and log in once by following the "add network" instructions. AutoWiFi learns what to do to connect and will automatically connect you in future without you having to reenter your data: quick, clean and easy."

Feature List:
    * Automatically logs you on to your web authenticated hotspots (public WiFi hotspots such as universities, hotels, restaurants, cafes)
    * Advanced learning system can learn to connect to hotspots without sending us information about them first
    * Store as many WLAN hotspots as you want to
    * No need to wait for us to update a database in case a hotspot changes its connection profile: just let AutoWiFi relearn it
    * Zero-Touch reconnecting: once AutoWiFi knows your network you only need to launch the app, no further clicks are needed to log on
    * Very easy to use

Have fun with the app (even if its not a game )
    Last edited by Hactarius; 04-17-2009 at 02:52 PM.
    AutoWiFi for the iPhone/iPod Touch
    Remembers your public hotspot username and password and automatically connects you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Isn't 3.0 supposed to do this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pizzahugger View Post
    Isn't 3.0 supposed to do this?
    iPhone OS 3.0 won't be out for a couple of months yet and those that have the beta will notice Apple's version isn't working very well at the moment

But yes, this is for iPhone OS 2.x users.
    Remembers your public hotspot username and password and automatically connects you.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

looks really interesting. I hate those login pages with their small login fields

Ruben

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i don't mind, i will try it and give you feed back

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

promo code win???? i think this is actually my first post in any iphone forums. im more of a very avid user right now who gets his help from people he knows in real life. but would love a free app that does kool things. so i hope i win and i expect that i will be back soon!

Thanks

sounds like a neat idea, all that time wasted... can finally be used!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Right, contest closed, and since its such a nice and sunny day, everyone that expressed interest in the thread has received a code, hope you enjoy the app!

Thanks

^Ugh, sad I missed it. I'm still running a beta version of Auto-Wifi, which works like a charm!
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

thanks for the code! i'm downloading now and will write a review