+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help. SSH on a Mac

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hello everyone. I have an iPhone 3G. I just was successful at jailbreaking my phone. I have 2.21 firmware. But I'm having trouble changing .png files through SSH. I'm using
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Please Help. SSH on a Mac
    Hello everyone. I have an iPhone 3G. I just was successful at jailbreaking my phone. I have 2.21 firmware. But I'm having trouble changing .png files through SSH. I'm using Cyberduck and I have the open ssh, automatic ssh, and toggle ssh apps. I'm successful at connecting through wi-fi, but when I try changing files like the carrier logo or the badges it doesn't change on my phone. I've watched a number of videos on YouTube which I followed step by step. It should be working, but it's not. I'm really new to all of this so i'm probably missing something simple. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Michael

Thanks

Did you restart the phone after doing this? Not sure if that could be the problem, but it's worth a try. Other explanations could be that you're not changing the right files or missing a small step. I'd say if a restart doesn't work, start the whole process new and follow everything to the letter.
    Respect your elders.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I restarted my phone all 3 times I repeated the same steps. The only difference is the videos I was watching is demonstrated with winscp on windows operating system. But all the folders and everything he said to do were the same with cyberduck. It should have worked.

Could it have something to do with the updated firmware that it's not working. In the video he shows to enable the toggle ssh first which I've done each time. I also have the BossPrefs app. I don't know if these two conflict with one another.

Any other advice?

Thanks again

Thanks

you need to convert the png files from apple compress iPhone png to standard png files. however i do not have that app needed on my mac.