+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App store has stopped working

is a discussion within the

Apple AppStore App Discussion

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I have an iPhone 2g. Two days ago my app store started acting weird. The category pages and features pages would just spin on loading and never load. Then today
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default App store has stopped working
    I have an iPhone 2g. Two days ago my app store started acting weird. The category pages and features pages would just spin on loading and never load. Then today I started getting failed to connect to app store please connec to itunes. I connected to itunes and it asked me to review new TOU and I did that. I also synched my iphone from itunes with a new app that I downloded throgh itunes.

Here are things I know for sure.

1)Password for itunes/appstore is ok cause I can login on my PC
    2)Network connection is fine as I can get stocks wether and Safari among other network capable apps to load.
    3) This is a wifi only device I do not use it for any other connection type.

Is the fact that I have not updated to 2.2.1 having any affect on my ability to use the app store through my iphone. I currently have 2.2 loaded and broke with quickpwn.

Any ideas on how to get the app store functioning again without losing my current settings?

The other thing I can say for sure is that I did use an active SIM in this device last Friday but I have used the appstroe since then witout issue. Now I put the SIM back in and the app store is working with the SIM but does not appear to be working on Wifi. I am going to try and take that SIM out now and startup without a SIM in at all and just try the Wifi again alone.
    Last edited by deadringer; 02-18-2009 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to deadringer For This Useful Post:

ais71 (02-23-2009)

Thanks

Nothing is wrong with the app store, used it this morning and I'm on 2.2
    So, it has to be your phone / sim card / wifi issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok so after I put the SIM back in and removed it I shutdown the iphone and brought it back up with no SIM. I then enabled WiFi again and the app store is indeed working again. Then I tried it again a few minutes later and it is stuck on loading again. Very frsutrating.

I hope someone has an idea

After a shutdown and startup with my original SIM with no service the appstore worked. I exit out of it and go back in and again it sits on loading. I switch to updates (says no updates) then back to top 25 and they load. Then exit try to load again and nothing. This si crazy.
    Last edited by deadringer; 02-18-2009 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I actually started having the same exact problem today. I cannot load the app store at all. It says "loading" for about 2 minutes and then kicks back "cannot retrieve download information, please connect to itunes" dismiss, then: itunes app store could not be reached.

I've done a hard reset, etc.

Update: while typing this I turned off WiFi and it connected straight to the app store with 3G.

Weird..I think my WiFi was causing it, but I was loading safari, mail.app, etc fine under WiFi...

weird..

Thanks

Can't you just act like men and restore your phones?
    To live, you have to lie

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

same problem here. for 3 days now i try to open the appstore, it just either keeps ok loading and never opens or tells me cannot connect to itunes.

Thanks

are you on the internet?

that seems to be one thing that people miss

otherwise it could be a router issue

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine wouldnt let me on when I installed and activated the UserAgentFaker. Deactivated and it worked.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Must be your phones.
    I use the app sniper daily and sometimes three or four times to see new apps on itunes store and download frequently.
    My signiture? Whats that...............