Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with categories app & more. Please help!!!!

Default Problem with categories app & more. Please help!!!!
    I'm having a problem with a few things. I downloaded the categories app and put that app inside a folder i created which i named "customize". Later on, i downloaded an app also called "customize" from cydia. When i downloaded that app, it actually erased/replaced the "customize" app i created and replaced it with the one i tried to download from cydia. I removed the customize app i downloaded from cydia but the "customize" app i created from categories will no longer show up on the home screen. On top of that, i put all my games in a "games" app i created from categories and they're all stuck in that folder now that i can't access the categories app to take them off. i tried to go back to cydia (featured packages) and it wouldn't let me reinstall the categories app and it won't let me download bossprefs or sbsettings(no install button). How can i get the "customize" app i created back so i can fix all of this? PLEASE HELP!

iPhone? More like MyPhone captainjapanicq's Avatar
    Thanks

You can get your games and other apps to show up on the screen again by using SBSettings or Bossprefs available in Cydia. Open Bossprefs or SBSettigns and then click on Poof and unhide the apps you want to show up on your screen again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to captainjapanicq For This Useful Post:

joe619 (01-14-2009)

I actually figured it out. As i was looking at the forums for more help, someone mentioned something about the repositories and whatnot. I then checked sections/repositories under cydia, and sure enough, i see the bossprefs repositories. After I installed that, I went to check on bossprefs and categories under featured packages, and it finally allowed me to install those 2 packages. I then did the bossprefs/poof like you and Fofer said and turned those icons back on. I still wonder how those app/icons turned off in the first place... perhaps a glitch?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

sometimes just happens