Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone as a microphone?

Default iPhone as a microphone?
    Is there anyway in which an iPhone ca be hooked up to a computer via AUX cord, bluetooth, or USB, to use it as a microphone for the computer?

Damn I read about an app in the appstore that allows you to do just that, I can't remember the name of it, but to answer your question, yes you can. after a little googleling I found out the app name it is called Megaphone.
    Last edited by Slayer; 07-26-2009 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Added info.

Thanks for this.

Have to purchase a cable though..

Are there any wireless solutions? I'm pretty sure it can be done. I know there's one for mac

Quote Originally Posted by Donnyten View Post
    Thanks for this.

Have to purchase a cable though..

Are there any wireless solutions? I'm pretty sure it can be done. I know there's one for mac
    Do you know the name of the Mac application that does this??

Hi..

Its called "Remote Mic"

iPhone Apps - Remote Mic | Apptism

they're coming out with a windows version soon they say.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Better you buy an microphone if you are in great need of it. Because so far this is not available for iPhone.
    mod/edit links removed

I found this thread searching for an answer to this question, frustrated that I couldn't find anything on the app store and sure there had to be a solution. Well, after further review, the ruling on the field has been overturned - I found PocketAudio - free to boot! I'm going to give it a try and will report back.

Well, you have to install some software and then it asked me to install Bonjour. I started it up and . . . nothing. If anybody has better luck, post what you did to make it work. I'll keep trying and look across their web site a little more.

Remote Mic app now has PC capability - not having much luck with it either though.
    Last edited by SJU87; 03-26-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost