Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to move apps from 1 computer to another?

Default How to move apps from 1 computer to another?
    I've been using my laptop with itunes to manage my iphone 3G. I am now wanting to use my desktop. I have itunes setup on desktop with the same username. I copied all my apps via flashdrive from laptop to desktop but itunes will not show them. It only shows the 3 or 4 that I downloaded directly from the apps store. How do I get itunes to see all the other apps? I'm using the same username.

Is it only possible by having the desktop itunes download each app directly from apps store, 1 at a time? I have purchased about 40 apps and have at least another 140 free ones, that will take a long tme.

Any suggestions?

Also, any idea how to get the iphone to install more than 9 pages of apps? I'm constantly having to uninstall a few little-used apps to make room for new ones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone captainjapanicq's Avatar

You can install itunes on your desktop, login to your itunes account and then authorize that pc for your account.

9 pages is the limit for the iphone i believe. You can install Categories to put apps into folders, which allows you to download more apps.

I did authorize the desktop. But it still wont see the apps I copied from my laptop. Only shows the apps I d/l directly to the desktop.

I found it....Under File, there is a "Transfer purchases from xxxx". As long as your logged into the same account as iphone, all purchases will be loaded to desktop.