Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Store on iphone 2.2 wont download free apps

Default App Store on iphone 2.2 wont download free apps
    Hey guys.
    I just upgraded my firmware from 2.0.1 to 2.2.
    I created an account in itunes.
    Then when I go to the appstore on my iphone.
    enter my id and password
    when i try to install a free app ...it will go backt to the home screen says loading for about 12 secs and then says authorization failed.Please connect to iTunes.

One of my friends did it without connecting to iTunes.
    And the thing is on my iphone when i try to download it after connecting it to itunes it still wont.
    I have to first do it in itunes then sync it to my phone.
    so any solutions to directly install it on iphone.???

First do a factory "Restore", just in case... Here are some possible ideas as to what the problem is.

A)Your itunes password will be the same on the on Phone as it is on your pc. It will never be different.

B)Signal Strength plays a role in download speed or lack of. If the signal isn't strong the app download will freeze and will need to restart iself. By doing this it's kind of in an endless loop until you change your location.

c)Any Apps that are over a certain size aren't able to be downloaded at all using the cellular network at all. These will require a wifi connection or download via itunes and they will be synced.

Hopefully these will help out buddy, good luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just upgraded my ipod touch 1stgen from 1.1.4 to 2.2 and jb it. i am having a similar problem the free apps in the appstore majority will not download via wifi. i press the blue "free" button and then it turns into a green "install" and will stay that way. anyone else have this problem?
    Last edited by GuySparkz; 12-22-2008 at 08:13 PM.

GuySparkz, press the green "install" which is the next step and it will ask you for your password then install.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks it has recently been working but before when i press the green "install" it would go back to the blue "free" continuously and endlessly. maybe because my wifi signal was congested. ill be sure to keep my eye on this if it happens again.